Disappearing Channels!

Bunggle

Reaction score
A mate of mine in Basel has lost CH3, CH4 , CH5 and Sky1 from his system. He didn't actually receive the channels before but now they don't even show up - his box goes straight from 102 to 106, then 108... Any ideas what has happened?

Thanks again for your help!

cype

Reaction score
I've been having the same problems with disappearing chan's too, I'm on FTA, and horror channel is mysteriously missing. Can't figure it out either...

RogerP

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Panasonic used to go straight from 102 to 106 with no card in , but now doesn't, the Grundig never did !!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If the box goes straight from 102 to 106 then the card isn't being read properly. Go to Services -> 4 -> 5 and see if the viewing card number is showing. If it isn't then (assuming it is a valid card) try withdrawing and inserting a few times in case the contacts are dirty.

If the serial number is showing then I really don't know. Try your card in another known working system and similarly a known working card in your system. This might give some clues.

How suddenly did this problem occur?

Is it possible that the card is in the interactive slot instead of the card reading slot?

PaulR

Bunggle

Reaction score
PaulR said:
If the box goes straight from 102 to 106 then the card isn't being read properly. Go to Services -> 4 -> 5 and see if the viewing card number is showing. If it isn't then (assuming it is a valid card) try withdrawing and inserting a few times in case the contacts are dirty.

If the serial number is showing then I really don't know. Try your card in another known working system and similarly a known working card in your system. This might give some clues.

How suddenly did this problem occur?

Is it possible that the card is in the interactive slot instead of the card reading slot?

PaulR
Apparently it's a Panasonic without a card. I guess it's just a thing Panasonics do!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When a valid card is put into a box it "sets" the box for the correct regions for BBC and ITV1 (also C4 and Five but you'd never know the difference). When the card is not present channels 103, 104 and 105 appear in the list but you get a message to insert the card if you try to view them.

If the box is left without the card in after a certain time (anybody know how long?) then I suppose that the box forgets its setting and reverts to BBC1 London at 101, BBC2 England at 102 and a big gap until 106.

PaulR

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, well I'm convinced!