Advice Needed DiSEqC switching, Eutalsat (French) + Astra (UK)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
As I understand it (having previously looked into this myself) this type of card only works with a specific set of compatible TVs.
Isn't that for TVs with built-in satellite receivers and CI slots though? If the separate satellite receiver has a suitable CI, or CI+, slot then the type of TV is irrelevant.

Michael Grant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
old sky box
My Location
France
I think that Analoguesat may be correct. I can't find anyone who has actually tried the CI+ card in this unit.

The question isn't about the type of television. It's whether this FranSat CI+ card will work in a Humax Foxsat HDR box connected to a television (not one specifically with a sat receiver in it).

So it looks like I may buy a new TV (a 4K model) with a sat receiver in it and this card is said to work in the new TVs so I will at least have a chance to try this in the Foxsat and if it doesn't work, will be able to use it in the TV. I will report back when I do this.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
My lofty goal was to have one box with all the available/decryptable channels from both satellites.

Just to confuse everything :O) 1 dish and 2 boxes? Am also planning something for France (Alpes Maritimes).

The 1 dish option, 2 twin lnb's, 2 twin boxes. Many channels: a dish of the needed size for 28.2 in the region, with 19.2 on a side LNB (strong signal). Centered on 28.2. TNT gives all the fta French channels on 19.2, + access all the other 19.2 channels. Dispenses of diseqc. http://www.tntsat.tv/chaines-tv-services-tnt-sat/chaines-gratuites-tnt.htm

For receivers, a twin for 19.2 & a twin for 28.2, that'll give ample watching\recording combinations. And taking into consideration things like 7 days UK epg not being available 'out of the box' on all receivers, having 2 boxes makes it possible to buy what is best designed for each sat. Bonne Chance.

Am easily getting 19.2 from my 28.2 centered dish (see picture). No 'décodeur' ftm.

Attachments

• tnt.JPG
    tnt.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Isn't that for TVs with built-in satellite receivers and CI slots though? If the separate satellite receiver has a suitable CI, or CI+, slot then the type of TV is irrelevant.
Sure - what I meant was TVs with the DVB-S/S2 built in. As I understand it, said card and reader will not work in any receiver.

AdrianW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gigablue Quad HD
Will be installing a T55 pointing at 28.2E, 19.2E, 13E & 5W with 4 x Inverto Quad Black Ultras, 4 x Best Germany 4/1 Diseqc switches using Webro WF100 Twin and Cabelcon 5.1 Compression
F Plugs.
My Location
Torrington, North Devon
Hi,
I've just joined. I'm moving to Devon next month and have been assimilating information about Fransat and Toroidal Dishes. My plan is to get Fransat 5W via a Humax FR 1000HD + Card and everything else via my Gigablue Quad. If you want one box that does Fransat and Freesat, you could look at the Official Aston Xena Twin HD & Card. I've no way of testing it, but having read the manual, it should be able to do Freesat and Fransat although you will probably only get now & next programmes on Freesat.