Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Hi again ....and thanks to all which helped me before
After couple of days i need your help again ...please

K so i do live in Devizes .. Wiltshire i decided to buy reciever TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1 (i know not the best one but good enough for me) .... which should be good enough for get the tv channels from ASTRA 3 and 1E . Also i do have a Skylink card (mean i should be able to watch CZECH and Slovak channels)

But now i have a 2 questions .
Long time ago i heard that if i wanna install dish i have to report it somewhere is it true?? and where ? (im from slovakia so im sorry if it looks like stupid question )

Secon question is regarding sat dish . what should i looking for if im going to buy sat dish ( do not want bad signal of course. i know i was told here if it can be 60 but do i make smth bad if ill buy 80??? ) i want it also with motor and everything so which parameters are important ??? or what is your advice

Thank you very much ......

UK Sat Online

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Hd
2mb sometimes works broadband but most of the time is faulty
1.2metre dish with technomate 6800 sitting in shed will go up a some point
My Location
wirral
if you want to put a motor on a dish then you really need a minimum dish size of 80cm

your supposed to get planning permision if you have more than 1 dish on your property or if you live in a listed building or list area.

if your south facing wall is at the rear of you property then you should be ok as people are alot less likley to see the dish to complain about it.

most people just put them up. if your not aloud it then all the coucil will do is tell you to remove it but make sure you do if they say so or they will remove it for you and charge you for it

if you are putting a motor on your dish make sure you have a clear field of vision and that your dish can swing round with out hitting anything

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you install a dish over 1m, you technically need planning permission, as you do if your second dish is bigger than 60cm.

If it is somewhere that nobody can see it or where they are unlikely to complain, like on a ground stand, then you should be OK.

The bulk of the Slovakian channels are on Astra 3A and an 80cm is unlikely to be big enough, correct alignment and Skew of the LNB in particular is critical.

_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skylink.html any channels on Astra 3A (shown in the far left column) will require a larger dish.

G

jonwisbey said:
your supposed to get planning permision if you have more than 1 dish on your property .........

Not so - the Planning Rules changed a couple of years ago and now allow 2 dishes (strictly, 2 Antennae ............ pick the ambiguity out of that!). If I recall correctly, they have been tinkered with further since the last major change.

One can be up to 1m and the second can be up to 60cm.

The rules don't necessarily apply universally eg National Parks, Conservation Areas and Wales!

Planning Guide is here _http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/ant/antenna_guide.html

Edit: I see rolfw is on the ball - I was still tapping away even as he posted :-bash

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Astra3A = 120cm for reliable reception in the South mind.
There's reception and there's reliable reception !!

G

I think it might be better for our friend coloured pony to provide detail - For me there is just a little nagging voice (I think SWMBO must have returned from her shopping trip ^-F^-F)

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Hi guys thanks again.
Idont know Roflw but i think thath lyngsat website is not updated a was spoke with people from SKYKLINK (slovakian provider) and they told me that there are just 3 channels which are on Astra 3 and all others are on Astra 1E

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which three channels did they say?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
This is the Welsh regs ....

_http://new.wales.gov.uk/docrepos/40382/epc/planning/403821/guides/A_Householders_Planning_Gui1.pdf;jsessionid=s1d4JDSHy85sVyY16JcF08zhFQFQKTl8q27kVRvymyP4h25MWtLJ!375818872?lang=en

Is there any material difference we've missed .. The fine print & their non interactive pictorial is almost identical - it only seems to differ in the way that so many simplified local council leaflets mess up in reinterpreting gov' regs.

G

At the time England adopted the new Regs, Wales still had to ratify certain aspects, which meant that they retained, pro-tem, the pre-existing 90cm upper limit.

That was a couple of years ago, so it may well be that they have fallen into line completely now.

I should jolly well hope so!

Edit: Just browsed through your linkie and I note it is dated from 2006 and clearly states 100cm, so our Welsh friends in "another Forum" may have fed us duff info (I've checked old Threads and confirmed my memory is not failing me!). Either that, or local planners had failed to get their ar**s into gear in good time.

@Pedro: I have PM'd you a linkie to where I got this inkling from.

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Rolfw hi m8 . So it si Prima ,CT1, CT2 .... You guys you looks that you know what you talk about....So im comfused yet

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Guys so will be this one dish good and price £100 is it a good price or i can find smth much cheaper ....THANKS 80cm MOTORISED SATELLITE DISH DiSEqC 1.2 MOTOR + 02 LNB

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds reasonable, just need a set of T&K brackets and a length of scaffold pole to mount it on.:)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
wont 80cm dish be too small if the channels are on astra 3a due to the footprint. channels on the other satellite at 23e will work on the 80cm dish

think you'd be best going for a 1.2m dish if it is possible in the place where you intend to have the dish installed

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Ok guys ....how likely is it if someone will come ??? i do not know anyone who was told to take it off ,what about you ???? ROLFW i have been reading many forums regarding these channels and im totally comfused which channells are on ASTRA 1E and ASTRA3 .....
Im thinking about it and i think ill be better if take the risk and will buy 120 do you know reliable web-sites for 120 cm motorized dishes (but you now all in one) ??????I checked some of them but there is lots of 100 and 110 but i found just 1 for 120 cm....
And whot do you think about tripod (stand) is it good to use it or not???

thanks and sorry for my english but i trying to do my best:)))

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you tell us which channels you must receive, then perhaps we can see which ones are possibly on the smaller dish.

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
rolfw
Jednotka (STV1)
Dvojka (STV 2)
Markiza
CT 1 ( Ceska televize 1)
CT 2 (Ceska televize 2 )

If il get any 2 channels from these 5 ill be more than happy.
Let thing if ill buy 100 cm Dish

thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
d30,

Programming is on Astra3A.

_http://www.flysat.com/skylink.php

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That's what I thought, had aligned a 1.2m dish recently, had problems with 12.565 H, Jednotka (STV1), Dvojka (STV 2) and Markiza, as they are on a shared frequency with the Kabel Deutschland on Vertical. Skew is really critical, as is quality of dish.