Dish size for 1 west in canary islands

mcdet8

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Sky + hd ,and technomate 5500 ci super reciever astra 28.2 E
My Location
Leicestershire
Hi

Anyone in Canary Island (Lanzarote) recieve 1 west digitv. We would like to view novasport and HBO channels (spot 3) and on the footprints it appears that we need a 3m dish. Can anyone confirm this.
 
11785 H, 11938 H, 12015 H, 12130 H, 12188 V, 12341 V, 12418 V on T2 beam are available on a 1.2M in Lanzarote. Its mainly the HD stuff from Canal Digital.
I get nothing this time of night on Spot 3 but can try tomorrow.
I would have guessed 2.4 minimum.
I have 2 big dish installs this week and if I get time I will swing one around and have a look.

Triggs
 
thank you for that reply but we have only got a 1.2m and a 85m so it seems like 1 west is way out of the question.

Since premiere has gone, we have the 85 m dish doing nothing, can we pick up anything decent with this. Or would I be able to move my small dish to 28.2 E and free up the larger dish to other satellites and still recieve cnannel 4, 5 and itv.

Thanks
 
Apart from ITV, Ch4 etc what type of programs are you looking for? Football, Movies or just general entertainment.
Nilesat (7W) isn´t a bad option for FTA stuff - half decent movie channels and general entertainment and your 85cm will pick it up OK
 
Thanks again

7 west looks like our best option with such a small dish. I take it polsat on 13 would be pushing it with the small dish???

We mainly wanted it for sport and maybe films, we have seen in the past that showtime sometimes is open. Is this just a rumour or is it possible with the right cam.

Cheers
 
Probably a bit small wouldn´t usually use that small. Show has been open on and off but a lot more off than on.
 
hi so i moved to 7w yesterday picking up nilesat al well and good , do u know how u can recieve showtime when it is availabe??.
I have a t rex cam and a cas 3 programmer , but i think ive seen somewhere on here that my tecnomate 5500 would be difficult to patch????
any help would be appreciated thanks all
 
Back
Top