Dish size for Nilesat from Southend UK?

wisbech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird
My Location
cambridgeshire
hi
i am moving to southend area can anybody tell me what sort of satelliet dish will i need to recevie the nilesat and can i pick up ART and al jazeera on nilesat
at the moment i live in cambridgeshire and i have quite big dish?
thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
wisbech said:
hi
i am moving to southend area can anybody tell me what sort of satelliet dish will i need to recevie the nilesat and can i pick up ART and al jazeera on nilesat
at the moment i live in cambridgeshire and i have quite big dish?
thanks

Big is relative. In the UK it can be 90 cm while in India it can be 5m.
So what is the size of your dish?

There are two ART packages
Art Al Awayel on Nilesat 7W with channel encryption Irdeto
See this link
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...l/106445-art-al-awael-package-nilesat-7w.html
You will need a large dish for Nilesat.
and ART Arabesque on Hot Bird 13E with channel encryption Viaccess.
The dish can be a lot smaller. Presumably the dish that you have can receive them.
The channels might be different. So check the channels list before you subscribe. The sports are on Nilesat.
As for Aljazeera, there are several FTA and encrypted. Which ones are you after?
Perhaps JSC on Hot Bird 13E?
Are you sure that there are Aljazeera channels on Nilesat?
Just checked Lyngsat and I can't see any.

renibacterium

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To pick up 7W Horizontal channels in Southend you will need a 1.2 to 1.5 metre dish. Hopefully, someone locally may be able to confirm ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
HB13DISH said:
Are you sure that there are Aljazeera channels on Nilesat?
Just checked Lyngsat and I can't see any.

Al Jazeera Children's- 10719V
Al Jazeera English- 10015V

That's all I can find, I get them both with 110 Triax if it's not raining (North Kent)

The Art channels on 7W are on the horizontal transponders, and I can't get most of them.

Robbo:)

michael01707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m, Vantage VT-X221TS CI and 8000s, Technomate V-Box II, 18" Superjack actuator
My Location
London
My 1.2 channel master with matched feedhorn will get verticals in all weather and anytime of the day so that's the Al Jazeera channels. I can see some horizontals when the skies are clear during the day, nearer midnight I can see all horizontals. The ART sport transponder is one of the weakest. 1.8m should get horizontals in all weather at any time of the day.

I should also note that back in December the horizontals were much lower than now. The signal should be stronger moving towards June and gets weaker after until December.

As mentioned before, if its ART and Al Jazeera sports you are after then Hotbird is a good option and there is one free Al Jazeera sport channel on Badr.