Dish size info for Nilesat 7W in western Europe & the UK

ndiqbal said:
I want to increase the gain by about 5-6db this will lock into more channels on the vertial beams.

I have heard mix feedback regarding the matched feedhorn for this dish. I dont want to go out and spend over a £100 on LNB and Feedhorn
You might get a couple of tenths of a db changing the LNB. If you want to pick up 6db you will need to double the dish diameter.
 
hi
am living in Dundde (Scotland) i need to watch nilest what size i need.
and from where i can get the dish and receiver and the lens
oh everything i need.
thanks
 
what size dish would you think i would need to pick nilsat up im in stoke on trent thanks
 
Scunthorpe 7.30 am triax 1.1 invacom o.3 lnb dish on diseqc motor readings from tm 6900
11747V-48%
11786V-50%
11823V-51%
11862V-52%
11900V-37%
11938V-45%
11977V-53%
12015V-51%
12054V-44%
12130V-46%
12207V-46%
12284V-46%

Andrews 1.2 going up soon will post results
 
combridge said:
what size dish would you think i would need to pick nilsat up im in stoke on trent thanks


Dish size required 1.8m+ for Nile 7W.
 
combridge said:
what size dish would you think i would need to pick nilsat up im in stoke on trent thanks

I am in stoke, can get the verticals but no horizontals. I am using a 1m dish but would recommend getting a bigger dish.
 
i can't get the nilesat in scotland,ok i will turn to the hotbird i have dish 60 black gray with LNB 4 one for sky and one for local am thinking to buy cable and new receiver and use my current dish and LNB is that working or i have to buy anything else am sorry i don't have any experience.
thanks for help
 
tamersaid81 said:
i can't get the nilesat in scotland,ok i will turn to the hotbird i have dish 60 black gray with LNB 4 one for sky and one for local am thinking to buy cable and new receiver and use my current dish and LNB is that working or i have to buy anything else am sorry i don't have any experience.
thanks for help

Not sure exactly what your asking or equipment you have as your description is vague.

A 60cm dish is a little small for a 15° LNb offset separation.
 
i have dish 60*70 with LNB 4 Entrance am using two from it can i use the same dish and LNB to get the hotbird or i will need anything else,i need the hotbird because i need arabic channel on it and i can't get the nilesat here.
thanks
 
Yes, that should be fine for Hotbird.
 
For my QTH with 125cm offset the strongest tp's daytime are:

****12130 V*******
****12054 V*******
****11938 V*******
****12283 V*******
****11900 V*******
****12207 V*******
****12418 V*******
****12476 H*******



I receive also H polar but under reception level. can't lock them

***************11919 (47)
***************11996 (47)
***************12073 (50)
***************12149 (53)

minimum Q is 58%
 
Hello!
yesterday,i recogneized,during heavy rain,that the educ transponder is much lower,then the shwotime transponders,the old nilesat 101,i think will be replaced in around one year from now on!
but a bad feeling says me at the moment,that the will use much stronger spotbeams,then now!
lets hope the best!
 
Hi,

I changed to an Inverto Black Ultra last week and after a little tweaking with dish elevation and focus of the LNB can now get a watchable lock on 12303H (69% strength 44% quality). This is the strongest of the H transponders but I have never seen it this strong at 14:00 my time.

I will look again this evening (if it's fine) and try to put V and H reading on this thread, although I realise my location may make some of this data less relevant.

Pete
 
sonnetpete said:
Hi,

I changed to an Inverto Black Ultra last week and after a little tweaking with dish elevation and focus of the LNB can now get a watchable lock on 12303H (69% strength 44% quality).
Brilliant LNB.
 
Huevos,

I have to agree, if it's fine after 10pm I can receive a very watchable picture on most of the Nilesat horizontals and even watched some of the MBC verticals during pouring rain earlier this evening. Right now (23:45)I'm watching Gear One on 12226H without any breakup under heavy cloud cover. It's showing 70% strength and 47% quality.

Superb piece of kit.

Pete
 
sonnetpete said:
Right now (23:45)I'm watching Gear One on 12226H without any breakup under heavy cloud cover. It's showing 70% strength and 47% quality.
I get S92, Q99 off that transponder. :-rofl2 :-rofl2
 
hello!
does anyone have now more information,about the upcoming,freqency change,since showtime,and orbit is one company now,i think,the most ,from current know freqencys,will disapear soon,and change,either,the satellite to ab 4a on 7,.2 west,or "disapears"on a very weak east spot beam,we will see..
 
Back
Top