Dish size info for Nilesat 7W in western Europe & the UK

Heuvos,

Not surprised, living there!!!!

Pete
 
Just to update, these readings were taken today at 17:00 CET with light cloud cover:

12303H...71S/47Q
12226H...67S/46Q
12419H...67S/45Q
12073H...70S/44Q
12034H...71S/44Q
11919H...69S/44Q
11996H...70S/43Q
11958H...69S/41Q

On my Manhattan anything above 45Q produces a watchable picture without breakup. Yes, I'm pleased with the Black Ultra!! Now I'll see what happens when my Vantage 7100HD arrives!!

Pete
 
Hi there,
I have just finished setting up a motorised 110cm Bigsat dish (measures 110cm width), at my office in Brussels. I used a B.E.S.T Germany single output LNBF on an FTEMax 212 receiver.
I am getting all Nilesat vertical and horizontal TPs, even Fox News on TP 11804 H. But weather is superb.
Unfortunately nothing on AB4, nor on Badr6.
 
sonnetpete said:
On my Manhattan anything above 45Q produces a watchable picture without breakup.
Where do you view quality on a Manhattan? You do mean a Plaza don't you? I've got an XT-M and don't see a quality bar anywhere.
 
using a cheapo maplins 1.85 petal dish with c120 inverto whitetech 0.3 and universal feedhorn.

i can get nearly all vs and some h when uits clear.
a gust of wind and the dish flexes and the struts holding the lnb move it off centre.
i didnt expect much more but wanted to see if a big dish was the answer and i am sure that a decent make would pull more in.
unless i can sort out the lnb problem and brace things a bit.
also what settings should i select on my receiver and dvb pc card for the lnb?
its on universal on both atm but the pc card has a kuband setting.
any clues?
thx
al
 
9750/10600 khz.

You are wasting your time with that Maplins dish - we know from several members they have the structural rigidity of wet tissue paper
 
I seem to have lost quite a few Horizontals on 7W especially the ones which carried the Asian channels...
 
I got the H's back... it looks like a short change in the weather patters affecting the signals...

Today I came across this news

"Egyptian satellite operator Nilesat has changed the parameters FEC next four transponders on satellites Nilesat 101 and Nilesat 102 at 7W orbital position. In practice, in many cases this means przestrojenie receivers, as well as deterioration of reception in areas outside the core area (the countries of the Arab world).


Technical parameters:

11.823 GHz, pol. V, SR: 27500, FEC: 5 / 6
11.919 GHz, pol. H, SR: 27500, FEC: 5 / 6
12.015 GHz, pol. V, SR: 27500, FEC: 5 / 6
12.054 GHz, pol. V, SR: 27500, FEC: 5 / 6
Previously, all 4 transponders are used with FEC: 3 / 4. FEC provides new value and possible extension of the multiplex, or other programs to improve the quality of programs currently available in the multiplex.

All transponders position 7W originally used the standard parameters: SR: 27500, FEC: 3 / 4. The first FEC transponders changed in June 2009"
 
Are you sure ? It is frequencies of Atlantic Bird 4A...

doktorofsat said:
For my QTH with 125cm offset the strongest tp's daytime are:


****12418 V*******
****12476 H*******




minimum Q is 58%
 
I called Nilesat in egypt and they told me in June they will launch a new satellite that will cover Europe. I went on the nilesat website today to see if there is any update but the News section of the site did not show properly in English or Arabic! Does anyone have any news/update about the new nilesat satellite?
 
That would be Nilesat 201 - and theres no chance whatsoever of the main payload covering Europe :D
 
Analoguesat said:
That would be Nilesat 201 - and theres no chance whatsoever of the main payload covering Europe :D

Hey bud, so do you have any idea what channels will be on nilesat201? is there a channel list?
 
Just dug out from the bushes an old Fortec Star 80cm dish (Maplins) , stuck an Inverto black ultra on it.

Getting some Nilesat Verticals on it with stable picture, the less weak ones with the lower FEC, like the MBCs

Very marginal to say the least, but do-able.:D
 

Attachments

  • IMG00326-20100606-1047.webp
    IMG00326-20100606-1047.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG00327-20100606-1048.webp
    IMG00327-20100606-1048.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 104
I think the Fortec Star was advertised as a 90cm dish, measuring 94x85cm. For the price it is perhaps not bad.

I expect the Inverto Black Ultra LNB helps a lot. O-Ha
 
Yep, I belive it was sold as a 90cm, but is only 80cm wide, I measured it today. I was only getting City7 tv on it before it changed tp, but with the ultra, got a few more.
 
Can't beat the Inverto Black Ultra. :D
 
many transponders here around 7 in the meantime signal gone with 1,50 m dish,also i have no signal on osn orbit news,on nilesat,can catch this program only on 25.8
with 2,40m++ more,all working inclding osn hd,signal is the weakest on the hd chanels..!
 
OK I'm not in Europe or UK but in South Africa. I'm getting the following Transponders from 7w 10775H,10892H,10930H,10949V(S),11219H and 11240V(S).
Even the HD channel on 11219H is great.
 
garyg said:
i get 7w on my 1.8m in Reading no problems

All Nilesat transponders?
 
Back
Top