Dish size info for Nilesat 7W in western Europe & the UK

i get 2/3 transponders ( 40 channels ) with a 80cm dish
 
I get a good bunch of these channels on my trusty motorised DM500. I'll have a look tonight and tell you what I'm getting.

Location: 40km south of Zurich (Switzerland, not the one next to the Afsluitdijk - but I've been there too ;)) with an Arcon Sweety 53cm cassagrain dish on a Stab HH-100 motor.
 
Im in Essex and get nothing from nilesat
 
I can get all V, and get about 50% signal on H transponders, just quite not enough to lock on. With my 1.2M fibo Gregorian, in S.Wales.:)
 
I have to correct myself, I got a bundle of channels on 8w but my 'ickle dish doesn't seem to get a lock on 7w.

Baaaaaaa stid :(
 
SW England, 10miles from southern coast. All channels received. Horizontal channels can fail in wet weather, but generally the signal improves in the evening and is best at about 11-12 at night. Using IRTE 2m dish & Invacom 0.3 dB LNB.
 
Hello!
the showtime transponders H,are going weaker and weaker 3 years ago 90 cm fibo,was enough,(clear sky)to receive,all channels,then i installed my fibo 1,25m,and have also enough signals during rain ,but,the last 4 month,signal,on 12073h,with is,aproximently 1 db lower,is also not strong enough with fibo 1,25 m,on my irte 1,50 M,i have exaktly the same signal!

with 85 cm,i can only reseive the showtime comedey e entermtaiment channel,some month ago ,more channels could be reseived with this dissh size!

now,i want,to point my kathrein 1,86m Dish,that i bought in germany,to point on this satelite!


then,i have enough signal,during heavy rains!
Atlantic Bird 4,on 8w,is in Austria so strong,like astra,90 cm dish is enough!

does anyone know,when nilesat 101,will be replaced?
 
Guy's,

I'm based in Middlesex, I suppose I need a 1.8m dish to receive Nilesat?
 
Rebel, a well set up 1.2 m should give you some / most of the H polarity channels in Middx.


Roughly speaking its
1.2m around London / Oxon
1.8m in Cardiff
1.8m in manchester
christ only knows any further north / west!
 
REBEL said:
Guy's,

I'm based in Middlesex, I suppose I need a 1.8m dish to receive Nilesat?

if you are near heathrow you should receive most of the H transponders with a well set 1.2 mtr dish...

the most difficult ones are the 11804 and 11843
 
Hi!
12073 H,the Art Transponder,is aproximently 1 db weaker,then the rest,of the showtime transponders,this is the only one,where i have ineteruption then,with the fibo 90 cm antenna,all others works okay (clear sky)
when its raining,signal gone!

best thing,all that cant reveive nilesat move,to austria,then you dont need to install,i a bigdish:)


Atlantic Bird 4 8w here,very strong,like astra,nothing for dxing:(

i wondering,why this satelite,is so weak,going north direction!

maybe,nilesat dont,lunch a new satelite,of its own,iam sure,the bought an old hotbird satelite again,to save money :D

hotbird 1,for example,then the,got the complete,satelite for free,and signal,will be very very weak,we will see:)
 
From the past few days Nilesat 101 and 102 has been coming in strong in the early mornings at around 6:00 and I can lock on to each and every transponder...
 
yes,thats true,in morning,is it also stronger,but i dont know why,on badr 25,8 east,its via versa,in eveneing stronger then in morning,also on turkyey eastbeam 42e on Türksat!
 
hi i have 1.2mtr offset dish i get most of the horizontals on nilesat except the two on 11804h and 11843h.
 
12073 h Art Transponder,has the lowest signal!
 
hi turok i get cnn in the clear with about 44% quality on tm1000 super
 
OK think its time to post my info.

All weekend I have been able to view showtime sports with out any problem.

The only time ( just now ) it has gone off is in heavy rain.

It is stronger in the morning and stays strong until about 16.00 when it drops a bit but still perfect to watch unless rain.

Its a good job 11996H is one of the strongest transponders.

I am also able to view ART most of the day if its clear weather.

Location is just outside of Manchester Nr Leigh.

Dish is Channel Master 2.4mtr with quad invacom and CM feedhorn.
 
Back
Top