Dish size info for Nilesat 7W in western Europe & the UK

Thanks mate for your info - You got there in the end.Its nice to have pictures and positive feed back from people who have tried to get this bird, Rather than what has been happening a friend of a friend knows someone who can get this satellite etc.

Well done mate - I have given up on this fortec 2.4m, Waiting for a friend of mine to rig up a cm 1.8m. I am probably around 100 miles from you so it will be touch and go whether i will get it in Birmingham.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
 
Sorry Keano - Forgot to ask mate. What is the level and quality that you are getting on the 11996H transponder mate.
 
Its hard to get a real reading without a sat meter, On the technomate it stays at about 20%, I have had it up to 25% in the day.

Now on db it needs 75% for a perfect picture and Ive had it on this and up to 77%.

What I have done now is that I got a quad invacom c120 so I have one feed in to the living room where db and another feed in to conservatory where I have a mutant200 with highland image.

I spent most of the weekend in there watching showsports and TCM thing with mutant is that it does not give you signal strength.

It never went off apart from when it poured down in the evening.

It did rain on Sunday morning but never affected picture, 11996H is deffo stronger in morning and daytime.

Yesterday I was even able to watch ART OK.

I think with a 1.8mtr you might be OK in your location.
 
Keano, is your reception still OK?

kimbo, how did the 1.8m CM go?
 
andyw37 said:
Keano, is your reception still OK?

kimbo, how did the 1.8m CM go?

m8 everthing OK here and I watched the United game yesterday without a single problem.

Just now I am watching some footy highlights on ART ( which is weaker than Showtime ) .

I can't get 11804H ( think thats TenSports and Skynews ) in the daytime that only comes in about 22.00 and last till about 06.00.

11996H is one of the strongest H transponders which is good.

Hope this helps.

M8 just seen your location as Spain, you should p*ss 7.0w with a 110cm Traix.
 
My location is sapin, however I have customers in the midlands that want the package.

Ta
 
Okay here is the results of the Channel Master 1.8m in Birmingham West Midlands. . We done the test from 7pm till 9pm, And we used the following equipment.

A star receiver with a 0.3lnb.

We got all the vertical transponders at 70 to 80 percentage. The horizontal one were getting only 10 percentage however we were still getting a picture from that small amount, However in the morning and afternoon till about 6pm we were getting no signal what so ever on the horizontal beam.

Keano mate - did you squeeze any more signal out when you got your channel master feedhorn and what LNB have you got.
It seems crazy that i can get a picture on such a small signal quality, I might change the receivers over to my Technomate 1600 to see what signal that is getting. I know you struggled for a few weeks mate to get that extra from the dish, Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

However this test does proove that the channel master 1.8m is far better than that 2.4m fortec sXXXX I have at the moment, My engineer also used a spectrum analyzer to allign the dish.

I just need to gain around another 10% from some where, Any thoughts guys.


Cheers Keano/ Guys
 
m8 like i said in pm you really need the feedhorn with a c120 invacom.

I tried inverto C120 a single invacom C120 and a quad invacom C120.

The best one for me was the quad invacom C120 with the feedhorn.
 
Hello everyone,
Nilesat has two beams
1. middle east
2. wide.
Usually the middle east beam does not present reception problems.
The wide beam, on the other hand, needs more efficient hardware.

Nilesat carries now transponders in tne below 11700 range.

They are all in the wide beam.

The following transponders are in the wide beam and have a systematic problem:

10796 V 10834 V 10853 H
10873 V 10892 H 10911 V
10930 H

12341 V 12360 H 12399 H.
 
Hi there!
could you reveive,also die Atlatic Bird 4,Nabour Satelite on 8w in uk?
signal is very weak in north germany,up to 2,40 m,here in austria with 90 cm is so strong like astra!
no signal in uk of ab4?
 
I've managed to get a few of the Vertical transponders in the Midlands on my 90cm dish.

Mostly stuff like Bahrain TV on 11823 V and Nojoom 1 on 11785 V

:-beer

Nano
 
Actually, Turok, it is Atlanticbird2 on 8°W.
Yes we receive this strongly as you say, in Belgium, because it is a central european satellite. I tried and receive it with a 50 cm dish.

Keano! In another thread you said that you receive nilesat 12399H and that it is one of your best transponders.
This makes me very hopeful about receiving all transponders on the Nilesat wide beam with a CM 180 with feedhorn.
 
m8 12399H is very strange, if you move the dish between 7.0w and 8.0w it gets stonger.

Example if I have my dish spot on 7.0w, 12399H will be about 22% on technomate then give dish a slight nudge to the west and it will jump up to some where about 30% but in doing so I lose 11996H.

Before anyone says its not 12399H on 8.0w.

Its Al Maser TV etc.

It could be that slight nudge is the difference between middle east beam and wide beam.
 
keano said:
m8 12399H is very strange, if you move the dish between 7.0w and 8.0w it gets stonger.

Example if I have my dish spot on 7.0w, 12399H will be about 22% on technomate then give dish a slight nudge to the west and it will jump up to some where about 30% but in doing so I lose 11996H.

Before anyone says its not 12399H on 8.0w.

Its Al Maser TV etc.

It could be that slight nudge is the difference between middle east beam and wide beam.

I have also the seen the same behaviour... to get most of the horizontal channels, I have to move my dish to the left towards 5.0W
 
Wow!

Strange yes. But are we not starting from the wrong premises?
12399H in the Nilesat set of satellites: NS101, NS102, AB4.
It is on AB4.

Since in physics, zero is a monster that should never be mentioned.
Those satellites are not exactly in the same point in the sky; they simply could not..

This why a little "nudge", as you say, would bring AB2 in the focus of your dish.

But what amazes me is that somebody else may have to "nudge it" in the opposite direction.
 
Totally agree m8, thats what makes this hobby so interesting.

What is a little nudge on the ground works out to be a few miles difference out in space.

Yes even though the sats are at 7.0w they are spaced out and would not make a difference to people under the footprint but those of us that are not then it makes a big difference.
 
I am so pleased you like this site.

AB4 is on 7.2W. By nudging it you recuperate 1/5°. And that is a few miles as you said, Keano.
 
canofan said:
I am so pleased you like this site.

AB4 is on 7.2W. By nudging it you recuperate 1/5°. And that is a few miles as you said, Keano.


No probs m8, we're here to help each other;)
 
Hi Keano - Are you still picking up the horizontal beams on your 2.4 channel master mate.
 
jackson50 said:
Hi Keano - Are you still picking up the horizontal beams on your 2.4 channel master mate.

yep all H beams good here apart from 11804H which is very very weak, I do see it at about 22.00-06.00.
 
Back
Top