Dish size info for Nilesat 7W in western Europe & the UK

Hi,

I get Nilsat with my 100cm rotating dish in Northern Portugal.

See this link for spectrum images: _http://www.geocities.com/dazed1970/spectrum/index.htm

Cheers,
vma
 
7 West / Nilesat
I got my first lock and picture on H transponders this morning using a 1M orbital and Technomate Tms1500 / SHARP Lnb. Location West London.
 
Okay on a 2.4m Channel master in the Midlands.
 
Update: With my 1.2 dish in western Germany I get a lot of verticals, but also a whole bunch of stations in horizontal, but only on one transponder : 117660. I also get a very weak signal on horizontal transponder 123030, but too week to really watch it as it breaks down all the ime.
 
In Kent I get:-

11747V-pixelated
11785V-pixelated
11823V- all channels good
11862V-all channels good ($ ones can't see but % high enough to)
11938V-all channels good
12015V-all channels good
12054V-just the odd flicker of picture occasionally
12130V-all channels good
12207V-very pixelated-unwatchable

No Horizontal transponders at all.

1m Orbital Dish, motorised,Inverto Silvertech 0.2dB twin.
 
At the moment in Belgium, when the weather is not too thick, with my CM120 +invacom QTH-31, I get all vertical and horizontal channels on Nilesat 1 and 2, those positioned exactly at 7°W. When it becomes thicker, some of the horizontals start to flicker. I get absolutely nothing from AB4 at 7.2°W, even in brilliant weather.
 
Robbo71 said:
In Kent I get:-

11747V-pixelated
11785V-pixelated
11823V- all channels good
11862V-all channels good ($ ones can't see but % high enough to)
11938V-all channels good
12015V-all channels good
12054V-just the odd flicker of picture occasionally
12130V-all channels good
12207V-very pixelated-unwatchable

No Horizontal transponders at all.

1m Orbital Dish, motorised,Inverto Silvertech 0.2dB twin.

Now got a 110cm Triax and getting:-

11747V-all good
11786V-all good
11823V-all good
11862V-all good
11900V-all good
11938V-all good
11977V-all good
12015V-all good
12054V-all good
12130V-all good
12207V-all good
12284V-all good
11919H- Got a lock, but just on the limit of receiver sensitivity so no channels.

So a Triax 110cm, definite improvement over a 1m Orbital.
 
Robbo71 said:
So a Triax 110cm, definite improvement over a 1m Orbital.

You see yet another fine example where size matters Humping
 
in Brussels, Belgium:

Dish: 240cm PFA Aerial Oy from Finland
LNB: Inverto Quattro
Receiver: Dreamboxes

Results:

I get excellent reception on vertical and horizontal transponders for both Nilesat and for AB4.
 
Hello Charly,nice,.to see you also on this board:)
welcome!

my invacom quad flagne is gone,over the wintertime,when i was not here,now i replace it with the new mti 0.3 db!

dont find any contact adreses in google,of invacom germany,to send back for replacement?any ideas?
 
Hi

I receive 11862V and 12015V most of the time.
Other verticals come in after dark
Its very critical on a 80cm.I need a bigger dish for this sat

Excellent signal in cyprus on all tpx

Regards
 
Hi Hans,

no idea for contact info of Invacom in Germany. Why don't you contact them directly in the UK?
 
"7 West / Nilesat
I got my first lock and picture on H transponders this morning using a 1M orbital and Technomate Tms1500 / SHARP Lnb. Location West London."


UPDATE

Just purchased a Triax 110cm.

24hrs on all V transponders
19000 v and 12054V fade when it rains during 2-5pm.

Most H transponders lock in fine weather and light cloud.
11919 H being the strongest.
The signal improves at 8.30pm.

No H transponders when it rains or even light drizzle.

Location - West london 51.3N

mike
 
7w Nilesat Mid UK (Cheshire)

1.1 Triax + Sharp .3 & ...1m CM c120 MTI .6 ch feedhorn through Technomate TMS1000 30m cable run close trees at 7w not tweaked for 7w
---------------------------------------------------------------------
We get all the verts and breaching on 11919h

11862v City 7___________56%

11823v Bahrain__________56%

11785v Bubai One________52%
11972v MTV Arabia_______50%
12015v Smile TV_________47%
11940v MBC2____________44%
12130v Al Jadeed________42%
12054v OTV_____________39%
11900v Kuwait ch2 _______38% low
12195v PSC_____________38% low
12284v JSC Sports_______38% low
12207v BBC Arabic_______37% low
10719v Hanibal__________35% low break up

11919h ALKAWTHAR______33% breaching

Have too many channels to list


:cool::cool::cool::cool:
 
I managed to get a few of the H transponders including Showtime the other week on my Triax 110 in Kent, the exception rather that the rule.:)
Still got excited for a moment though.:-rofl2
 
Getting 11919H Al-Iraqiya TV on 1.3M Eurostar in Kettering UK
All Vertical Transponders seem fine getting some break up on a few of the Horizontals though
 
This is the signal I pickup in Romania from Nilesat with 1.5m antenna on v and h polarity.

[fieldset=Admin]links removed.....photographs uploaded, in future please upload photographs to our server.[/fieldset]
 

Attachments

  • PIC_0004-3.webp
    PIC_0004-3.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 169
  • PIC_0002-7.webp
    PIC_0002-7.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 168
All horizontal and all vertical transponders from both Nilesat 101 and Nilesat 102.

One weak transponder - 11804H, the rest of the hoizonatals are 69% or above on my TM1000D super. (receiver threshold approx 65-66%)

This is with a Precision 1.8 Prime focus currently with an Inverto white Tech single and an Invacom adjustable feedhorn in Gravesend, Kent.

Waiting for a matched feedhorn to arrive, hopefully that might improve further.

:-laugh:-laugh:-laugh:-laugh


Also got a couple of locks on AB4 at 7.2W, but no picture.
 
Back
Top