Dish size info for Nilesat 7W in western Europe & the UK

I was just looking at the footprint remlap if it was the correct one ?
Sure its the correct one, doesn't mean a thing though.

I am surprised you didn't know this mate.
 
Ive only just started looking at footprints, and although I have been tinkering with satellites for a while now its only the last 12 months I am in to it lots more, I am still a novice and will be for the next few years or more,

You say its an easy catch, I thought bein sports was on the same beam ? and you see reports of peeps putting 1.8mtr dishes up ?.
 
Nilesat hard. Eutelsat easy.

Don't forget the slight difference in Azimuth between Nilesat at 7.0W and Eutelsat at 7.3 W.
 
Thank you tivu, there is that many beams etc on different sats, but I am learning slowly (I hope) by my mistakes. I do get the odd thing correct occasionally:-lol.
 
To add to the confusion, BEIN are currently spread across all those Birds!

Also, Eutelsat 8 seems to be slowly becoming as one with Eutelsat 7 and the usage of Eutelsat 8 has changed markedly in the past few months.

All very interesting to the hobbyist and well worth keeping an eye on.
 
There you are, martin - some homework!
 
The official footprints never cover the fringe reception and that's what we talk about here.
Have also a look at the footprints at Satbeams, they're my favorite.
The so called MENA-beams of Nilesat/Arabsat/Badr always seems to reach much further (north) than on the official footprints. But there is a difference between the different sat's, beams and polarisations. Also take in mind that DVB-S2, lower symbolrates and/or smaller FEC's are harder to receive than DVB-S, higher symbolrates and/or larger FEC's.
Your dish (polarmount/rotor) needs to be perfectly adjusted to travel across the Clarke belt to get those birds.
Just keep trying, especially with a 1.2m dish (or larger) and always report here of course. ;)
 
The official footprints never cover the fringe reception and that's what we talk about here.
Have also a look at the footprints at Satbeams
Just tried this for astra 2f and it shows zero reception outside the published spot beam area. Fortunately this is not the case in reality :-)

Also take in mind that DVB-S2, lower symbolrates and/or smaller FEC's are harder to receive than DVB-S, higher symbolrates and/or larger FEC's.
Surely a lower symbol rate is easier to receive? Same for FEC - 2/3 means 1 in 3 is correction, whereas 9/10 means 1 in 10.
 
The official footprints never cover the fringe reception and that's what we talk about here.
Have also a look at the footprints at Satbeams, they're my favorite.
The so called MENA-beams of Nilesat/Arabsat/Badr always seems to reach much further (north) than on the official footprints. But there is a difference between the different sat's, beams and polarisations. Also take in mind that DVB-S2, lower symbolrates and/or smaller FEC's are harder to receive than DVB-S, higher symbolrates and/or larger FEC's.
Your dish (polarmount/rotor) needs to be perfectly adjusted to travel across the Clarke belt to get those birds.
Just keep trying, especially with a 1.2m dish (or larger) and always report here of course. ;)
Thank you, I can hit a fair few hard to get channels , all bein sports osn showtime I just thought the one I posted was one of them I did not realise the same channels was on different beams :-doh.
 
Surely a lower symbol rate is easier to receive? Same for FEC - 2/3 means 1 in 3 is correction, whereas 9/10 means 1 in 10.
Read again. I said it the other way round. With FEC I don't know exactly, you could be right. I thought the less error correction, the harder to decode the signal, because when for example they changed the FEC for 12.207V on Astra 3B from 3/4 to 5/6 I had to re-align my dish to get more signal to keep receiving that frequency.
 
Read again. I said it the other way round. With FEC I don't know exactly, you could be right. I thought the less error correction, the harder to decode the signal, because when for example they changed the FEC for 12.207V on Astra 3B from 3/4 to 5/6 I had to re-align my dish to get more signal to keep receiving that frequency.

I thought error correction "corrected errors" therefore the less errors to correct, the better quality the signal was? (I'm half clueless if you can't guess lol)
 
The best way I get my head around FEC rates is to gather that the published rate shows that from the net data rate for a given transponder, the FEC rate is a fraction showing how much of the net data rate goes towards bitrate capacity, with the remainder being the error correction data. So for example an FEC of 1/2 gives 50% for general capacity and 50% for error correction. 2/3 gives 66.67% for capacity and 33.33% for error correction, right up to (for DVB-S) 7/8 being 87.5% & 12.5% respectively and (for DVB-S2) 9/10 being 90% & 10%.

The closer the FEC rate expressed like a fraction gets to 1, the less capacity there is given to error correction. The advantage for the broadcaster using a low (close to 1, though initially you would regard this as higher) FEC rate is a higher bitrate available for data capacity for the same symbol rate, at the expense of the receiver requiring a better signal to noise ratio. For most people this may require a tweaking of their dish set up to make sure their alignment is more accurate than before, or needing a larger dish. Hence as mentioned by another poster, a transponder going from an FEC of 3/4 to 5/6 needed to have their dish alignment tweaked to account for less error correction being transmitted and the higher s/n ratio required.
 
I thought error correction "corrected errors" therefore the less errors to correct, the better quality the signal was? (I'm half clueless if you can't guess lol)
In one-way broadcast, there is no way for the sender of the transmission to know how clean a receivers signal is without feedback.

The error correction sent as part of the transmission allows a receiver to recover some or all of the original data that may have been lost originally. The higher the FEC rate, the more error correction is sent with the transmission which in return means that the transmission signal is more robust. This can allow for more smaller receiving dishes and/or better protection against interference or temporary interruption/weakening of the signal e.g. rain fade, as the signal can be decoded by the receiver with a smaller signal to noise ratio.

For example, the Irish Saorsat transmission on Ka-sat at 9 east uses an FEC of 1/2 mainly because it provides a large amount of elbow room during heavy rain which is worse in the Ka Band compared to Ku used by Sky etc. So that during heavy downpours (a necessary consideration in almost all of the island!) even if the rain drastically hits the signal to noise ratio, a receiver should still be able to make use of the signal. If the FEC was say 3/4 instead, reception would be lost more often in the rain as the downpour would not have to be as heavy or intense to render the signal unusable.
 
Para los cazadores de satelites de moda: Nilesat 7ºOeste desde Madrid, subida de señal, 4-3-2014.

Algunos compañero informan de subida de niveles por Nilesat 7ºOeste, dependiendo del canal, tenemos de un 20% hasta30% mas de señal en algunos casos, comparando con los niveles hace 2 meses.
Desde Madrid con antena de 94cm (niveles hoy 4-3-2014), con viento a rachas de narices (minimo 20Km/h.), muy estables los canales.
---------------------------------------------------------------
For fashion hunters satellites: Nilesat 7 West from Madrid, signal rise, 04/03/2014.

Some companion report levels rise by 7 ° West Nilesat, depending on the channel, we have a 20% to Signal 30% more in some cases, compared to the levels 2 months.
From Madrid with 94cm antenna ( levels today 04/03/2014 [/ b]), with wind gusts of noses (minimum 20km / h.), Very stable channels.

tp 10853 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK 53 99 11HD, 12HD, 13HD, 14HD..................65% 99% BER 0
tp 11449 H 27500 DVB-S QPSK ===> DVB-S2 8PSK=> 6,7,8,11,12. FOX......SD..62% 99% BER 0
tp 12245 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK 59 99 9HD, 10HD, 15HD, Bein Sports ..HD...71% 99% BER 0
tp 12265 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK 53 99 1HD, 2HD, 3HD, 4HD..........................65% 99% BER 0
tp 12284 V 27500 DVB-S QPSK ===> DVB-S2 8PSK=> 1,2,3,4,5............SD..........68% 99% BER 0
tp 12476 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK 56 99 5HD, 6HD, 7HD, 8HD..........................65% 99% BER 0
tp 11641 H 27500 3/4 DVB-S ===>referencia canal FTA/libre...............................59% 99% BER 0
tp 12226 H 27500.....AD Sport1 y AD Sport2..............................................................75% 99% BER 0
tp 12467 H 27500.....AD Sport1 HD y AD Sport2 HD.................................................59% 99% BER 0
 

Attachments

  • Nivel_12284V27500_4_3_2014.webp
    Nivel_12284V27500_4_3_2014.webp
    39 KB · Views: 106
  • Nivel_12245V27500_4_3_2014.webp
    Nivel_12245V27500_4_3_2014.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 93
Hi all! I pointed my 1,8m "frankenshtein" Prodelin dish to 7*w and got >200 services scanned.
Measured by DM8000, in Latvia.
Frequencies and signal data:

Frequency Symbolrate Signal-Info SNR
11.564 H 27500 11.57 dB 72,00%
11.680 H 27500 13.09 dB 81,00%
11.900 V 27500 9.30 dB 58,00%
11.919 H 27500 6.53 dB 40,00%
11.938 V 27500 10.77 dB 67,00%
11.996 H 27500 7.28 dB 45,00%
12.034 H 27500 6.94 dB 43,00%
12.053 V 27500 10.74 dB 67,00%
12.072 H 27500 7.03 dB 43,00%
12.130 V 27500 11.13 dB 69,00%
12.149 H 27500 7.66 dB 47,00%
12.206 V 27500 12.03 dB 75,00%
12.226 H 27500 8.29 dB 51,00%
12.283 V 27500 10.78 dB 67,00%
 
Just been updating transponder information and scanning in channels for the 7.3 West position
The transponder 12.111H, 27500 was already stored in my TM5402 M1 but with it being listed on Nilesat 201 (Flysat), I wasn't expecting to receive anything.
However, the signal quality shot up to 64% and I was able to scan in Some Oman TV channels.

Kingofsat again is listing this as a Nilesat 201 transponder with Oman channels while Lyngsat is showing this as a Eutelsat 7WestA transponder for the Abu Dhabi TV Network.

I know I've come across at least some of these Oman channels somewhere before but what is going on here. Is this really a 201 transponder or are the various listings incorrect? The surely is a logical explanation for this as I can't imagine that this really is a Nilesat 201 transponder.
 
With so much data on the listings sites, it's inevitable there are persistent uncorrected errors: Have you notified KoS?
 
Haven't notified KoS or any other listings site as yet.

I wanted to hear what others on here had to say about this.
 
Back
Top