Dishes on holiday

Heres a typical scruffy block of flats in the Bulgarian village of Singel. Theres a rusty steam loco dumped in the adjacent railway yard! (I can provide a pic if anyones interested).
 
Shot these pics during my vacation in Scotland,this is from a filling station on the west coast.
 
Here's another dish at a supermarket that looks just the same.The feed shure looks interesting.

Any idea what they use these dishes for?!?
 
I think that all of the Esso garages in the UK have similar two way setups. :)
 
Local Coperative shops have the same here. Send and receive, stock levels, price changes etc etc.
 
JuMbuCk said:
Local Coperative shops have the same here. Send and receive, stock levels, price changes etc etc.

More importantly EFT downloads.... these days one doesn't have money in the till only dosh in the FILE... if it doesn't go to the bank then you don't have money in the bank
 
Prodelin VSAT dishes with transmit.reject filter in OMT, nothing special, most international corporations have these on their offices to communicate thru IP or Frame Relay in one big corporate LAN.
 
Just come back from Egypt (Dahab, Sinai peninsula), dishes pop up on the poorest looking of houses sometimes, sorry no pics - what was I thinking? Mostly 1-1.2M prime focus looking at the sky....

-cts
 
Ahhh Dahab.....wonderful memories....Where else did you go?
 
T_G said:
Ahhh Dahab.....wonderful memories....Where else did you go?

Wonderful mameries er memories sorry :eek:
 
closetosoton said:
Just come back from Egypt (Dahab, Sinai peninsula), dishes pop up on the poorest looking of houses sometimes, sorry no pics - what was I thinking? Mostly 1-1.2M prime focus looking at the sky....

-cts


No pics?? call yourself a satellite enthusiast? ;)
 
Analoguesat said:
No pics?? call yourself a satellite enthusiast? ;)
erm, no, not a single one, i was too busy doing this and this:

i'll have to go back. infact i'm planning too already, and this time i can make a better job, actually i tell a lie i took some video coverae too, with an old camcorder i picked up from work (£20!) which no doubt I can extract some footage. watch this space.

T_G said:
Ahhh Dahab.....wonderful memories....Where else did you go?

just dahab, swiftly via sharm el sheik airport...
 
Is that you in the picture?
 
This is a photo I took in Cairo. i hope they remember to take it out before the roof goes on.
 
Is that your bike in the foreground Robbie? :-lmao
 
rolfw said:
I think that all of the Esso garages in the UK have similar two way setups. :)

Also Galp garages have them here in Portugal & supermarkets that are not in the cities.
 
I couldn't get more closer, but you do see a few dishes on the roof of Sport TV headquarters.
 
Here is an interesting one from Germany, paint all flaking off but seemst to work ok. The other one is a really rusty one from Spain or France, can't remember. Pictures were from my phone hence low quality....
 
whats that on the german dish is it supposed to be an lnb ? never seen one of those before
 
Back
Top