Displaying Withheld Numbers

alay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5300
88 motor dish
radicalrad said:
tried that but only got command error (*30#)
(*#30#) gave me active

I think those code 30s are purely" to display" or "not display" normal non-withheld calls !

The default state would be to show them.

Is this not so ?

It would indeed be interesting to get those codes to show the withheld numbers.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I work for a company that writes telecommunications software. EVERY piece of equipment that the call passes though gets the originating number, the destination number and a privacy indicator which dictates whether or not the number should be displayed at the final destination.

The privacy indicator is turned on when the caller dials 141, but the information is still sent (it needs to be for billing etc). The software at the receiving end should respect the privacy indicator and not display the originating number, but I'm sure that in many cases it can be overridden.

I don't know how to do that, it's probably manufacturer dependant.

ATD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop, broadband
My Location
united kingdom
has this code ever been found? - I also know for a fact that this facility does exist.

p.laver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
Essex
I know this is a little late, I would be very interested to know what the answer is to Displaying Withheld Numbers. I have been receiving a nuisance call for around 4 yrs and would love to get hold of the number.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Try our sister site

_http://www.mobileexpert.co.uk/

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Just recalling something prompted by Simbas post.

A few years ago I was told that mobile phones had an internal code that could be used by the emergency services to trace activity (triangulation within cells). Additionally if the phone was registered with a valid address it could be used to make emergency calls without a Sim card.

Now that 1984 has passed it wouldn't surprise me that the authorities might be utilising the location aspect on potential suspects, and the witheld number system may be overridden in certain cases.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Triangulation is easy enough - unless you are in a very remote area the phone will be picked up on 3 or 4 phone masts. Then its an easy job to work out where it is from the time delays at each mast - the more masts its picked up on the better the triangulation

huntingtigers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fixed ip ADSL
My Location
London, UK
Shahid said:
I was peed of when i got calls from witheld number to my moby. There is a piece of software which is uploaded from your nearest unlock shop. it allows displaying of withheld numbers. this is old news.

I also reside in London, would you care to divulge a specific shop that performs this service. Thanks

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I don't know what about UK, but here such service is avalable for major operators, and is called AntiCLIR.

p.laver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
Essex
huntingtigers said:
I also reside in London, would you care to divulge a specific shop that performs this service. Thanks

I would also be interested in any info, I've googled 'AntiCLIR' but can't find any info in English

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
CLIR=Caller Line Identification Restriction.

In short - regardles who and how calls you, your phone operator ALWAYS knows his phone # - because he has to bill it, if he can't identify the number, there's will be no connection. But, if the flag CLIR (delivered together with incoming ringtone) is set to on, the phone won't show the number. Some old phones just ignore the CLIR flag, so they are able to display witheld numbers.

Other way to ignore CLIR flag, is to make certain request via USSD, so phone company will disregard CLIR signal, coming to your number. In past, the software that was used by phone companies had some backholes, so it was possible to activate CLIR rejection without any payment. Now these holes are fixed, so you have to pay.

Here's link to my phone company page, where's some info about this service in english:

_ttp://www.magticom.ge/index.php?section=93&lang=eng