Distortion problems

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Gemini Enigma 22-07-2008, Moteck SG2100 Motor, 8M Broadband, 80cm dish
My Location
London
Hi,
Not sure if this is in the right forum section but I'm trying to connect my 7025 to my tv along with my freeview box but when I connect the two together the Dreambox picture distorts. I'm using a multigang scart socket connected to my tv as I only have one scart socket on my tv. Is it because the multigang socket is poor quality and there's an impedance mismatch or do I really need two sockets on my tv ?
:)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
You can't connect two video sources together without interaction problems. They have to be isolated by using a switched scart box. In that case you can only source one video input at a time. Doesn't your TV have a composite video input as well?

Llew

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
heyjoe said:
Hi,
Not sure if this is in the right forum section but I'm trying to connect my 7025 to my tv along with my freeview box but when I connect the two together the Dreambox picture distorts. I'm using a multigang scart socket connected to my tv as I only have one scart socket on my tv. Is it because the multigang socket is poor quality and there's an impedance mismatch or do I really need two sockets on my tv ?

Hope that I am not missing something here since I don't use freeview box.
Try to connect directly to the TV without the multigang and see what happens.
I use my AV receiver to switch between equipments w/o any problems.

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Gemini Enigma 22-07-2008, Moteck SG2100 Motor, 8M Broadband, 80cm dish
My Location
London
Hi Llew,
I've currently only got a pretty basic 14" tv ( quite modern but pretty basic ) and I'm pretty sure there's only one socket.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
heyjoe said:
Hi,

Something like this from Maplin should work:-

_http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33166&C=Froogle&U=33166&T=Product&MA=Multi-SCART%20Switching%20Unit%20(Scart%20Switching%20Unit)
as it switches.

That is , if you haven't got any other AV inputs.

Some boxes also have SCART loop-through if there are 2 scarts.

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Ok guys cheers, think a switching unit is going to be what I want, the one from Maplin's looks the sort of thing.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
heyjoe said:
Ok guys cheers, think a switching unit is going to be what I want, the one from Maplin's looks the sort of thing.

I had one of those, but since it is manual switching I got fed up with it since I lost weight just going back and forth to use it.
Look for one with remote. They should be available in the UK.
Or better still, get yourself an AV receiver with few video inputs.
With your expensive equipments you seem to forget about getting the best audio output.
Are you using the TV speakers at the moment?

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
HI HB13DISH,
I'm currently putting the sound through my hi-fi.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
heyjoe said:
HI HB13DISH,
I'm currently putting the sound through my hi-fi.

What system do you have?
Look for any equipment that has two inputs like AV receiver, HI-FI VCR, DVD recorder, etc. and use that piece's remote to do the switching.
Also, if your freeview box (or the dreambox) has an RF antenna output (RF modulator), you can use a VCR cable to connect it's output to the TV antenna socket, preset one of the TV channels to the RF channel number and this way you can do the switching using the TV remote.
The video will not be as good as an AV, but it would be better than to have a distorted picture.