Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S
Strong 85cm dish
Strong LNB
My Location
Australia
Hey guys,

I'm currently having problems setting up my Dreambox.

It seems that the SNR is always at 59%-60%, and does not increase, hence I can not lock into any channels, using Pli Image.

I've changed LNBs, but this is has not rectified the problem.

I've checked the power supply voltage and it's okay!

This problem is VERY similar to this thread

Thanks in advance.

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 54c,tm600,eagle.80cm motorised dish.
My Location
n.ireland
is your dish correctly mounted and check lnb is waterproof i had this problem and dish was not aligned properly.

mindfield

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AZBOX Premium + HD, Dreambox 500s, 95cm Ku band offset dish, C band and combined Ku Band LNB.
My Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi from Christchurch, New Zealand....
The Dreambox clones have three generic problems:-
1. The tuner modules suddenly go deaf; the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) dies and you ain't gonna get nuthin' on THAT Dreambox. Ever. We have just purchased and installed a new tuner module from China. They don't cost much but the installation does involve some very gentle and fine soldering skills with a quality electronic temperature controlled soldering iron (Weller tools make an excellent one that won't burn up the surrounding printed circuit board). It is a reasonably big job that also requires the use of personal electrostatic discharge protection straps while handling the Dreambox. The replaced Tuner is now giving me a provincial New Zealand Rugby match in the repaired DM500 on the workbench beside me. Other generic faults are that the voltage regulator transistor (Q72), at the back of the tuner on the PCB give up the ghost and won't supply the volts for the LNB or the positioner. Replace Q72 for about $20.. and it'll go again. Another common fault is the loading of bad or incorrect images and the Dreambox suddenly looks like Monty Python's dead, deceased parrot!. Do a google search or YouTube search for the cure and JTAG it, make your own JTAG Cable, It's really easy! A German trader at also sells a JTAG cable but why spend the money when you can easily make your own. I'm on Skype if you need to talk... regards, zl2rob, Robert.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi Robert, welcome to the forum. Some good advice there; regarding JTAG info for the 500, we do have a sticky at the top of the section.

Regards, Llew.