DM500 not working with Irdeto SmartCard

ksiddiqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi Experts,

Just got my new DM500S, I have installed the new Gemini Image 4.50 and CCcam 2.0.10.

Do i need to change something in the CCcam.cfg file, bcuz when i insert the SmartCard in the CI slot nothing happens, no message is displayed on the TV Screen telling if the card is inserted or not.

Can someone help me on this.

DM-500 newbie

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Install CCcam Info to check if CCcam can "see" your card. Is inserted correctly (chip down I think)?

ksiddiqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Okay just installed CCcam Info.. wht exactly should I look for ??

ksiddiqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Saudi Arabia
okay just figured out... when i press entitlements info. i see me card detecrted as Irdeto card and lot of information is displayed... and when i remove the cards no info is displayed.

So the card is detected properly, but still no display.

prwoolfall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox - Home Network of three.
My Location
Qatar & Turkey (UK sometimes)
Use the latest version of SCAM it works fine. Ccam does not.

ksiddiqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Saudi Arabia
alright its wokring now.... just need to update CCcam.cfg with the following line:

CAMKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Just for the records, is it a Showtime card or something else?

satpal123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hmm
My Location
bahrain
ksiddiqi said:
alright its wokring now.... just need to update CCcam.cfg with the following line:

CAMKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

R u using Pehla or showtime card?

ksiddiqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Saudi Arabia
sorry guys for replying so late. anyway i ve Pehla subscription.

Big Al

Reaction score
satpal123 said:
R u using Pehla or showtime card?

I know thats not for a showtime card, But I have a freind in Cyprus whos DM500s wont read his showtime card, does anyone know what he needs to add into his cccam.cfg to make it work
Al

prwoolfall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox - Home Network of three.
My Location
Qatar & Turkey (UK sometimes)
Big Al said:
I know thats not for a showtime card, But I have a freind in Cyprus whos DM500s wont read his showtime card, does anyone know what he needs to add into his cccam.cfg to make it work
Al
Use SCAM it works no problem.

CCcam does not work unless you use it with Newcard and a suitable config file.

Big Al

Reaction score
is that for the new cards as well m8, ive got the old one being seen in cccam,

satcon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
winxp
My Location
australia
Hi All,

I got the same problem but can't solve. I just bought a dm500S and follow the instruction above, I have installed Gemini 4.4 for the image, installed CCcam 2.1.2 and CCcam Info 1.1 and Scam 3.52 through net. My smartcard is Irdeto2 original card which is worked for the normal Irdeto embedded receiver. When I insert this valide card into CI slot, I can not decript any channels I subcript for it. FTA channels received OK. Check CCcam info entertainment field show "no card or unknown card put in". Does anyone can help me to make it work. Thanks very much.

ksiddiqi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Make sure you card is recognized first... flip the card and insert it back and try entitlement again... if it still not working meaning it could be the case your Card reader is not working properly...

satcon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
winxp
My Location
australia
Thanks ksiddiqi,

I borrowed one of my friend's Satellite pay channel subscription smartcard (but non Irdeto 2) and inserted to my DM500s, check CCcam Info's Entitlement and I can see some info to display there. So I am sure my DM500s receiver's CI reader works fine. But at the meantime, I found something different from these two cards. these two cards are looks like smartcard format but the Chips position and size in my Irdeto 2 smartcard is slightly different from my friend's smartcard (around 1-1.5 mm shift over), then I got one of my Bank's credit card which built in smart chip and compare with all their chip position and size. I found out only my Irdeto 2 smartcard is different from the other two cards (Chip size and position on Bank smartcard and my friend's Sat smartcard are both exactly the same). Just like to know if this the reason why my dm500s can not detect my Irdeto 2 card? Anyone with Irdeto 2 smartcard would you pls compare your's and normal smartcard and tell me the result. If it is the case, how can I solve this problem, should I need to replace my dm500s card reader or I can use some external card reader to get my card's detected. Thanks. (btw, my card is absolutly works fine in my two Irdeto embedded receivers. So I wonder if my Sat service provider they made this in purpose or All the Irdeto cards should be the same as my card). Waiting for your guys help.

satcon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
winxp
My Location
australia
Hi All,

I repost this message want any one can give me some advise for my Irdeto 2 card:

I borrowed one of my friend's Satellite pay channel subscription smartcard (but non Irdeto 2) and inserted to my DM500s, check CCcam Info's Entitlement and I can see some info to display there. So I am sure my DM500s receiver's CI reader works fine. But at the meantime, I found something different from these two cards. these two cards are looks like smartcard format but the Chips position and size in my Irdeto 2 smartcard is slightly different from my friend's smartcard (around 1-1.5 mm shift over), then I got one of my Bank's credit card which built in smart chip and compare with all their chip position and size. I found out only my Irdeto 2 smartcard is different from the other two cards (Chip size and position on Bank smartcard and my friend's Sat smartcard are both exactly the same). Just like to know if this the reason why my dm500s can not detect my Irdeto 2 card? Anyone with Irdeto 2 smartcard would you pls compare your's and normal smartcard and tell me the result. If it is the case, how can I solve this problem, should I need to replace my dm500s card reader or I can use some external card reader to get my card's detected. Thanks. (btw, my card is absolutly works fine in my two Irdeto embedded receivers. So I wonder if my Sat service provider they made this in purpose or All the Irdeto cards should be the same as my card). Waiting for your guys help.

satcon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
winxp
My Location
australia
Hi All,

I repost this message want any one can give me some advise for my Irdeto 2 card:

amenophis1945

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hp microtower with win xp pro.Humax 5400 receiver and DB500s.
My Location
greece
Hi i have just the same problem with my dream box500- S nothing happens when i insert my irdeto gam card in the slot and is not detected by the receiver.HOW can i go about setting up the receiver to detect the card.Does this model support the card? Do i have to insert the card facing down?Thanks very much in advance.cheers:confused:confused

amenophis1945

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hp microtower with win xp pro.Humax 5400 receiver and DB500s.
My Location
greece
Hi i have just the same problem with my dream box500- S nothing happens when i insert my irdeto gam card in the slot and is not detected by the receiver.HOW can i go about setting up the receiver to detect the card.Does this model support the card? Do i have to insert the card facing down?Thanks very much in advance.cheers:confused:confused