DM500S will only drive to 19.2E. Select any other sat positions and it goes to 0deg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnabeltier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S Gemini 1.05 Newcamd 6.0
Echostar AD2000ip
Stab HH120
Gibertini 85cm dish
Gold 0.3dB LNB
802.11g Wifi router
Dell D600
Wonder if anyone could suggest what might be happening here?
I have two genuine DM500s, both with the same Gemini image (with the exception of the IP addresses). The one that has been used to drive my USALs motor is now dead.
I took the 2nd box that was being used with a fixed dish(at 19.2E), and put it on the motorized dish.
Even though I'm sure the set-up is the same, the box will only drive to 19.2E. If I select a channel on any other satellite (e.g. 28.2E), the motor simply drives to the 0deg position. I checked all the stuff I know e.g. satellites.xml, GOTOX values, DISEqC config - all look correct.
I feel sure it's not a coincidence that the only satellite it wants to drive to is the one that was used for with the fixed dish.
NB. A year ago before it was put on the fixed dish I checked that it worked ok with the motorized set-up.
Thx

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
In my experience gotoXX doesn't work with a 500s. It's more reliable to find and store each satellite position than use gotoXX.

A nonymous

Reaction score
By past experience the DM500 doesn't work with anything.

I've had a few DM500 units and not one of them has operated the motor properly. It either won't move it or it tries to park the dish in the wall.

Nano

Sebastianbird

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku
My Location
Rincón, Puerto Rico
What does DM500s do? Functional? Yes or no?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The Topic you have replied to is from 9 years ago .....

Status
Not open for further replies.