DM5620 Really Dead !!

jalmassi

Reaction score
Hi there,
My 5620 froze up so I cycled the power and it is completely dead. Nothing on the display what so ever. Is this the first dead 5620 or am I missing something really obvious ?

pant

Reaction score
Nothing on display????
No ---- or 5620 boot??
This could be bad.
Have u tried flash erase?

jalmassi

Reaction score
Nothing on display, as though it's got no power, but it all happened when I cycled the power to restart the box. I can't get any communication what so ever. Hopefully it's just a fuse but I don't want to start tinkering until I've got some more experienced advice. As you said it could be bad.....is this how these 5620s go after a while ?Mine is 14 months old.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
jalmassi said:
Nothing on display, as though it's got no power, but it all happened when I cycled the power to restart the box. I can't get any communication what so ever. Hopefully it's just a fuse but I don't want to start tinkering until I've got some more experienced advice. As you said it could be bad.....is this how these 5620s go after a while ?Mine is 14 months old.

Don't think there is a fuse. I assume you tried a different power lead and a different socket. I had a similar problem but mine was caused by a screw falling from the HD mount and frying the board. I said nothing and sent it back for repair which they fixed under warranty. If I was you I would chance your arm and see if they notice it is outside warranty.