Pukovnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
Opticum rotor 42E-30W
My Location
Croatia
Hi everyone!

Today I got my DM800 and after installing it I had some problems which I wasn't able to solve.

Firstly, I don't have any signal on satellites downward from Eutelsat W2 (16.0E). The signal is available only from Astra 19.2 to Turksat 42.0.

I believe my tune up of the reciever is good but the problems are here. Whenever I try to go to Hot-Bird or 10.0E it shows a Tuner Error message and zero signal strength.

Also, I don't have any signal on HD channels no matter the satellite.

I truly hope somebody can help me with this.

Thanks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well you will be having problems if you do not have a motor to turn your dish. According to your profile all you have is a dreambox 7020. Unless you have a motor then you can only receive signals from one satellite with a single lnb. If you do have a motor but do not list it in your profile I think the following will help you correct your arc alignment errors which are a classic mistake made by people not following the setup instructions provided starting with the top of the arc pointing at your due south satellite

View attachment 27842

Attachments

• arcadjustjp.jpg
    arcadjustjp.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 20

Pukovnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
Opticum rotor 42E-30W
My Location
Croatia
I apologize for not making things clearer. I have updated my profile. I do have a rotor that allows me to watch satellite channels from 42 E to 30 W. Until now, everything worked fine with my Dreambox 7020, but the problems with DM800 keep persisting. Like I said, I have signal from satellites ranging 19.2 E to 42 E, but from 19.2 E downwards (16.0 E, 13.0 E.....) there is no signal. It is a very strange problem, and if something was wrong with the rotor then I wouldn't be able to watch anything.

I really don't know what to do here, why can't I get some signal on Hot-Bird or any of the lower satellites.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Well your clearly receiving one end of the arc having a longitude of 15°e. Are you saying the fault is only on the DM800?

If so, check details in the tuner setup configuration for those satellites in advanced menu.

Pukovnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
Opticum rotor 42E-30W
My Location
Croatia
Regarding my position, it's always been 15.000 East and 45.000 North, and it worked fine with DM7020, but from some reason it's not working with DM800.