Dm8000 hd pvr

drumroll

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD Combo. and DM8000 HD PVR
Dell XPS Laptop. and XPS 630 Desktop
My Location
Lancs
Well where do I start frustration abounds with my new expensive DM every attempt at flashing has been followed by big ERROR on the front display 7 days of research tearing out my hair has made me drive to newcastle and hand it back to the outlet where I bought it. I am talking big bucks for a reciever that should open up a new world just in ERROR after 1 week. The real problem seems to be when the box go's to stand by on boot up it just shows ERROR and all the time spent scanning in new stuff and the like means nothing and then I set up the null modem cable through dream up flash over the new software again and its fine but only until it go's to stand by where again it shows ERROR does this mean anything to you DM friends.

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
Hi drumroll,
You may be unlucky and have a faulty box. I had problems flashing my box with a null modem cable and learned to flash my box the easy way using my network connection, try searching the internet and various forums, there is loads of information out there. If you say what you want to do i.e. what image you want to install etc. people will try to help you but they will need more information to help.
Best wishes,

drumroll

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancs
Thanks for your reply and when I get it back I will try the browser method, image wise anything that can give me the most stability with blue panel options and gemini plugins. Do you still need any cable between your computer and the DM or is it flashed over the net through your router without any cable, hope this does'nt sound a daft question but on the research I've done they mention so many ways of doing this with a cable I presume you still have to be connected somewhat.

drumroll

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancs
Thanks again for your reply just waiting to get my DM back and then I will look for a stable image with blue panel and gemini plugins.

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
The most reliable way to flash I've found is to use a wired connection. Once you have got your box address by power on and holding the top button on the front panel, I disconnect the network cable, router end, and plug it straight into my laptop. Using my web browser I then flash the box.

With regard to images to use I have no experience Gemini and after trying a few I use Oozoon and it does everything I want but it takes some setting up but is very stable. If you install Oozoon and Barry Allen you can load what images you want to try and boot into which ever you want. Multiboot is a feature of some if not all images.

I started out with a faulty AB IP9000 HD it took me over a year to sort it out. I bought the DM8000 4 months after the AB because of the problems I was having and the DM is in a different league. To my DM I've fitted a DVD & HDD and have recently changed the HDD for a 2.5 in fitted inside a Scythe Quiet Drive 2.5 Internal HDD Silencer and now I can only just hear the HDD when it first starts. The thing I like about the DM is it is so versatile.

Hope you soon get your box back and that you enjoy using it.

Regards,
meagain123

drumroll

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancs
Hi and thanks

This is top advice and will take it onboard when I get it back, the DM engineer is looking at this wednesday and with a bit of luck I will drive to Newcastle Saturday and pick it up from his business premises.

Best Regards
Drumroll

drumroll

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancs
I have now got my 8000 back and everything appears fine now, I need to start learning about the box to avoid any mistakes from here on.