dm800hd help ,is it dead?

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
Hi guys, i guess i'm kinda out of luck with the boxes earlier with 500s now with my dm800hd

My 800hd wont start , there is no light on front panel , no picture on tv , no response from Dreamup with 0modem cable, only 2 lights from the ethernet port from behind the box ( green and orange)
any help ? i dont know what to do

thanks in advance

mich181189

Automation guy
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite gear here, but at my parents' house there is:
Konig 35cm camping dish (horrible, too small)
80cm Silvercrest (lidl)on 13E and 19.2E and a Technomate 5300D+ USB Super.
My Location
Surrey
I don't know much about dreamboxes, but if the only light is on the ethernet port, I would say that your power supply (or, less likely, power on circuit) is severely suspect... (after reading the manual a bit for this, the clock should be displayed when in standby... If you're not getting that, then it's a power issue, or less likely, a dead box)

FoxForceFive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800s
My Location
Liverpool
You know the DM800 has a cut out function that kicks in when the power is interrupted unexpectedly?

This malfunctions a bit on the clones. Simply leaving it unplugged for 10/15 minutes usually does it. Sometimes you do have to wait much longer though.

In future, dont unplug until you have the message on the screen that it is safe to do so, that usually prevents this from happening, though not every time.

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
if you still have your dm500, you could also try using the powersupply from it
but as suggested by foxforcefive, leave it unplugged 10/15 mintues before using the new power adapter

keep us updated

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
thanks for your answers, but i already tried the power supply from 500s , and left the box whole night unpluged tried it this morning , still not working , the same problem,
The fan inside the box is turning.

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
The power supply that a 500 needs is not right for the 800 and should not really be used as it could damage the box.

If you read the small print on the two power supplies you'll see they are different in what they output.

As for your issue with the box I suggest removing each component and testing.

I'd start with the hard-drive and then try the tuner?

Is the 800 a clone and if it's less then a year if its an original you can get it repaired under warranty.

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
thanks for reply zoro25, i have no hdd inside the box , 800hd is my new box , bought it 2 weeks ago, and yes it is a clone, but the problem is i didnt order it online , but a friend in china bought it in a shop for me .
I did remove the tuner and tried to start the box without it , but didnt help . Still have the same problem.

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
As others have stated I can only think to try another power supply. (or your box was faulty from the start)
Lastly if you have a local friend with an 800 then bring your kit to his house and try and test differing components in each others boxes. You may work out which part is causing the issue.
Your last option may be to try and find a shop or supplier who will sell you a new motherboard for DM800's (not cheap though)

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
well i dont know anyone here that ownes a 800hd , i live in a small town, my box wasnt faulty from the beggining , couse i was able to watch from it for few days. I guess i'll have to find someone that can check every component inside the box and findout which one is faulty/burned etc etc.

cauliflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Will update again
My Location
Ireland
try and start the box whilst holding down the power button i.e. the same as you would when flashing it.

don11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 600s clone
Dell inspiron 1300 Laptop
My Location
Ireland
Hi reading a few posts, there is the possibility that the box is bricked - did you use a gemini image later then 410 on cloned boxes

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
nop its not bricked , i didnt use any gemini at all .
still not being able to solve this

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
as mentioned above apply power to the box whilst holding down the button on the front. Does it respond at all ? Is there anything shown on the OLED display ?

owencutajar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 800HD
My Location
Isle of Man
Bit of a basic question, but what was the last thing you did before it stopped working? Did you try flashing a new ROM, unplugging it or changing any of the configuration settings?

Or was it working fine one day and just dead the next?

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
@B16MCC: yes i did tried that option i dont get the boot menu or anything on the oled display.

@owencutajar: i just unplugged the box and then reapplied it few seconds later , from that moment my box was dead.

i did try flashing it, unplugging it, and many many options that i could find regarding this problem,
dreamup cant find the box , also tried enforcer method but still nothing helped.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Well with what you've tried I'd say its dead I'm afraid. With the greatest respect mate don't buy clones ! If you'd have bought it from a UK supplier (there's only 1 real one), I'm not saying it wouldn't have happened but you'd have a new box by now sent out on 24hr postage.

dave76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500 motorised
My Location
ayeshire
try unplugging power cable from back of box and plug it back in every 2 secs or less until u get a display on the front of box. i had similar problem and thats what fixed it

rio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 and now DM800
My Location
manchester
viganothing said:
@B16MCC: yes i did tried that option i dont get the boot menu or anything on the oled display.

@owencutajar: i just unplugged the box and then reapplied it few seconds later , from that moment my box was dead.

i did try flashing it, unplugging it, and many many options that i could find regarding this problem,
dreamup cant find the box , also tried enforcer method but still nothing helped.

i had same prob i can get it on follow these steps

1/ unplug everything
2/ plug power supply into wall (not into dm800)
3/ plug in null cable into dm800 and into pc and start program(Dreamup or FlashWizardPro) and press connect
4/ at the front of the dm 800 press and hold the button and plug the power supply in (you should see the dm800 ip address on the dm800 screen) once you see this release the button
the program will then start to redo your image
if you can't get it to work give me a call

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
rio thanks for answer , but it didnt work , its still dead .

seyal30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Apex 300
My Location
Israel
You may have a Voltage Shortage take it to an electrition to check if the voltage thats going to the Dreambox is OK - if there is some sort of an electrical Problem he would fix it .