do i buy skybox f3

Chris Pickering

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky hd
My Location
york
Hi everyone a friend i know has offered my a skybox f3 for 200 pounds (then 80 pounds per year for a "code").

I have never heard about this before and he said it will give me all the sky channels even hd, surely if this is true everyone would have one.

What i want to know is if this is true are they worth the money?? and is this a good deal?? and are the f5 versions any better??

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The F3 and F5 are very similar in features and operation and use the same Firmware.

They actually cost around £50.

Anything requested over that is usually a fee to obtain a Commercial Card Share: We do not permit discussion of such nefarious methods here and would not advise anyone to acquire such a Share (Often called a "Gift").

Apart from the fact that the providers of such schemes are at best unreliable and at worst tend to disappear without having provided the level or duration of service offered, Encryption techniques to prevent such Fraud are constantly being tightened and there is no guarantee that what might devious-minded people can do to defeat the system today will work tomorrow.

Our advice, if you want access to Subscription TV, is to purchase a legitimate Subscription.

If, however, you remain interested in the Skybox series of Receivers, then we have a dedicated Forum here, with Reviews and much other useful info.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The services offered by these gifts is erratic at best - key updates can be slow leading to stutters every few minutes when the codes change.

If the server gets busted the police have your ip address details and if you get an early morning knock on the door you wont get any sympathy at all from anyone on this forum

Sky are known to be tinkering with their encryption at the moment specifically to knock out gifts / cards shares etc so you could quite easily pay your 200 quid and the following day lose your investment as the encryption changes and you now only get the free channels.:D

You dont have any idea who is running these shares - it could easily be the Russian Mafia looking for easy money, Colombian drug smugglers, or even Sky themselves running a sting operation.

Our advice as always with these questions is dont risk it - buy a legit sub from Sky themselves.

thehumangoing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800se clone w/320gb hdd (DreamboxUK image) + skybox f3 + old dm500s
zone 2 on 28.2e
My Location
Ireland
He's not your friend lol. As everyone here will tell you, cardsharing is evil and everytime a key updates a polar bear dies :(