Do you think I can get Eurobird 1 at 28.5°E with this setup in Sweden/Kalmar?

Oskare100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zehnder DR600 digital receiver, 90cm Amstrad dish and one MTI Blue Line 0,2db LNB.
My Location
Sweden
Hello,
I've checked all satellites I should be able to recieve and I came to the conclusion that I want to be able to tune Eurobird 1 at 28.5°E becasue of the free radio stations from England availiable on that satellite.

My problem is that I'm not sure if I can get it with my dish at the current position. I'm not allowed to/can't move it so I need to find out before I get cables and a new LNB to my new digital reciever.

I've attached an image with as much information as I can think of about the dish's current location and I want to know what you think, do you believe I will be able to get signals from Eurobird 1 at 28.5°E or not?

The dich will probably be a bit blocked by the hosue but I think the LNB and that part will have a free view against Eurobird 1 at 28.5°E. If you need any additional information, just ask and I'll find out.

Edit: Just though about one more thing. Would it be easier to get a signal if I bough a holder like the one in the package at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150036143435&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1 ? The LNB would come a bit more away from the wall but I don't know if that would help, I'm a complete newbie.

Best Regards
Oskar R

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The important piece of information you have neglected to mark on the picture is the direction of due south. The alternative is to tell us what satellite you are currently receiving with the dish pointing where it is. Without a reference point it is very difficult to say, you mention the house front faces south is that exactly south or roughly south. If directly south I suspect you may struggle, mark on the diagram the actual direction in relation to the dish, I suspect you may have a problem in its current location with 28.2 E