Does my Digibox KNOW What's BEST for it ????

RoyR

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PANASONIC TU6-DB40 Digibox
1 Mt Dish
Universal LNB
My Location
Corsica
Hello all,
Does my Digibox KNOW Whats Best For it ????

When trying to change my transponder frequency from the default frequency my Panasonic Digibox ALWAYS returns to the default frequency of 11778 V.

Correct me if I am wrong (please do) but is my digibox telling me that the Astra 2 NORTH BEAM is BEST for my needs ????????

I am trying desperately to get all of the BBC (FTA) channels to last more than SIX or SEVEN hours per day !!!!

ALL the rest of my FTA channels ( Sky news, Euronews etc) are fine, BUT I can only obtain the BBC from around 11.30am until 18.30 pm (GMT+2)

My signal test reading ALWAYS gives a very consistant reading of ...

Signal Strength 70% .... Signal Quality ... 90%

I am located on the island of Corsica and I am using a 1 mt dish + universal LNB, Panasonic TU-DSB40 digibox.

I would dearly like to be able to watch BBC 1,2 etc. evening programes.

Any help or information to my plea for help would be greatly appreciated

RoyR in Corsica ... who is slowly but surely going mad because of this d***** BBC problem.

PS .. I'm STILL waiting to hear from any other forum members( or their friends) if they have any signal reports etc. concerning ASTRA satellite coverage/viewing on the island of Corsica.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Apparently the box will always revert to the default transponder if it can see it.

Your 1m dish may just be a tad too small to view the Astra 2D footprint 24hrs per day, a 1.2 or 1.5 would probably be more suitable, you may however be able to improve reception by playing with the LNB skew, or perhaps even getting a 0.3db LNB, something like an Invacom, or MTI, these have been known to improve fringe signals dramatically. :)

Astra 2D reception footprints

Also not sure whether the digibox you are using is the best for 2D reception.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
[b said:
My signal test reading ALWAYS gives a very consistant reading of ...[/b]

Signal Strength 70% .... Signal Quality ... 90%
Panasonic boxes always give inaccurate readouts of signal quality- the real figure is probably just over the minimum threshhold of just over 20%, and you can't trust the figures they show on signal strength either.
There's no way you're going to get evening reception on that size dish where you are located, and you've done pretty well to get the results you have now. Dish and LNB upgrade essential.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Correct me if I am wrong (please do) but is my digibox telling me that the Astra 2 NORTH BEAM is BEST for my needs ????????
No its doing what its told to.11.778 is preset at factory.
I am trying desperately to get all of the BBC (FTA) channels to last more than SIX or SEVEN hours per day !!!!
But changing the default frequency will not make it better.
ALL the rest of my FTA channels ( Sky news, Euronews etc) are fine, BUT I can only obtain the BBC from around 11.30am until 18.30 pm (GMT+2)
Get a bigger dish.
My signal test reading ALWAYS gives a very consistant reading of ..Signal Strength 70% .... Signal Quality ... 90%]

The signal test reading is based on the default frequency.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
zorba said:
The signal test reading is based on the default frequency.

That is correct but it is also possible to read signal levels of other frequencies..

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I know,in manual tuning.