does some cheap receiver has,a lower lnb power output,and strange problems with diseq

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
around a have year ago i bought on ebay uk a echolink 3020 receiver,with a good blindscan tuner,yesterday i connect to a spaun swtich sur 411 s,where i have connected currencly around 25 meter cable,using 2 mti single flansh 0.6 db lnbs,every other receiver receive the signals normaly,but the echolink that works well without diseqec on antoher antenna,with direct connection,shows me lnb shortcut,and the display is blinking!
first i was thinking that a older inverto twin lnb was the reason on one on my antenna,that take to much power,over longer cable,when the voltage output is to low,then i replace it with the same mti 0.,6 db lnb form taiwain and the result was the same!
in past,i try with a headblind scan,that i sold in the meantime,and in combination with an older lnb type,i got no signal,connecting to another dish,with other lnb ,everything was okay!
from me it looks,that some tuner components,in the low cost receiver,in the meantime,has a lower ma voltage on lnb in,when i would change all my flange universal lnbs into the older flange type,with a multiswtich and external power supply,then the problem should be away i belive.but the massage lnb shortcut,i see the first time!
all my to lnbs are okay and the switch also!
mabe the cable lenth of 20 -25 m for some receivers and swiches also to long!
thanks for your input:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes, many receivers of earlier suffered issues when connected up to modern outdoor equipment, especially DiSEqC motors. It does not however relate directly to cheap receivers , as some that were regarded as quality products suffered from the same issues, but that may have been down to brands whose distributor was falsly upping the prices and creaming off the profit.

The current drain of running additional components through the tuner can cause the power supply to 'trip out' and give the warning of a short circuit