doktorofsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C BANDIT
My Location
QTH
Here it is my new C band project;

C Bandit's teeth

Some russian freak use 3,5-4mm Al wire in order to make some powerfull depolarisers.

My ideea is to replace the classic Al wire with yellow Cu wire (80%Cu 20%Zn) which has superior electric

properties!

Is very hard at da first look to put in a row all pieces of wire.But I solved this problemo cuting a 2-3mm
ditch.

I cut an 3 mm wide strip from a card and using a clamp i fixed them on the strip

I'll continue the work on the the following days:cool:

Here are some photo:

Attachments

• DSC00620.JPG
    DSC00620.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00628.JPG
    DSC00628.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC00626.JPG
    DSC00626.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00634.JPG
    DSC00634.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00632.JPG
    DSC00632.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 118

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
It will lead you to nowhere.

As you may find on OTHER russian forums, that "russian freak" is falsely advertisting super capabilities of such depolariser (because he SELLS them, for quite high price ). It was tested on profesional equipment, and only shown some marginal improvement on certain TPs, but heavy decrease of signal on another TPs (article was published in respectable sat magasine)

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
doktorofsat said:

C Bandit's teeth

Some russian freak use 3,5-4mm Al wire in order to make some powerfull depolarisers.

My ideea is to replace the classic Al wire with yellow Cu wire (80%Cu 20%Zn) which has superior electric

properties!

Is very hard at da first look to put in a row all pieces of wire.But I solved this problemo cuting a 2-3mm
ditch.

I cut an 3 mm wide strip from a card and using a clamp i fixed them on the strip

Here are some photo:

I wish you luck with this new project ...but I would imagine mounting the 2 sets of teeth inside the feed horn will be nothing short of a nightmare ..
Im guessing the teeth have to remain isolated from the metal of the feed horn throat or the elements might not resonate...
I await pictures of the finished item(s) 'mounted' with interest and curiosity.
rgds
VS
:)

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
doktorofsat said:

C Bandit's teeth

properties!

ditch.

Here are some photo:

If this does prove workable. Then next step might be to drill and tap feedhorn for 2mm machine screws. This would allow them to be adjustable .

doktorofsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C BANDIT
My Location
QTH
I made several tests with this teeth and I got mid results.Not bad , but under my exceptations.After that I add a central plate to it.This system is now in my lnb and I can say that it has a much better stability .I realised that 'cause now it's raining and I can watch 64E for example with stable picture and with the dielectric plate I can't .Noticed that also on 80E and some tp on 90E i got better signal:) I'll made some more tests

Attachments

• DSC00663.JPG
    DSC00663.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00667.JPG
    DSC00667.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC00665.JPG
    DSC00665.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC00661.JPG
    DSC00661.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 122

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Nice Job Doktor ..
I noticed you applied an insulated backing strip to each set of teeth ..to prevent contact of the elements with the metal interior of the feedhorn ..
I had the same idea as Satcoms ..regarding drilling the feedhorn and sliding elements in the holes sideways ..thus making each tooth ajustable....and am curious if connecting the base of all the teeth to a common metal ground would render the array useless ...or in fact improve the signal gain once the teeth were tuned..
Perhaps this would make for an interesting experiment..
rgds
VS

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I already told you...

and tried all this sheet long time ago.

Nothing works as magically as dish size increase :) With larger dish you don't need depolariser at all.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
BombedOne said:
I already told you...

Nothing works as magically as dish size increase :) With larger dish you don't need depolariser at all.

I couldn't agree more BombedOne ..
Unfortunately in built up urban areas such as where I live ..councils don't take kindly to installing monster sized dishes ...so you can understand the need to squeeze every last bit of gain out of what we have already got..
There is no question in my mind that experimentation with various methods of polarization has yielded benefits for my setup ...and I suspect a few on this thread might agree.
For example ..I considered it a minor miracle when shaping a piece of polyethylene gave me a 50% ++ gain accross the spectrum ...allowing me to pull in transponders considered inaccessible for my dish size.
I applaud anyone who is prepared to attempt the unusual..
Though I won't deny I'd luuurvvv to own a 3 mtre + pf dish
rgds
VS

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
BombedOne said:
I already told you...

Err no. opposite polarities still need a depolariser of some type.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Vipersan said:
I noticed you applied an insulated backing strip to each set of teeth ..to prevent contact of the elements with the metal interior of the feedhorn ..
I had the same idea as Satcoms ..regarding drilling the feedhorn and sliding elements in the holes sideways ..thus making each tooth ajustable....and am curious if connecting the base of all the teeth to a common metal ground would render the array useless ...or in fact improve the signal gain once the teeth were tuned..
Perhaps this would make for an interesting experiment..
rgds
VS

You might recall a certain olde worlde Ku band mechanical polariser that your wife threw out.........

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Channel Hopper said:
You might recall a certain olde worlde Ku band mechanical polariser that your wife threw out.........

Fair comment CH ...but what you fail to factor in is ...
a) I no longer have the polariser to examine ...and ..
b) I'm now full of Guinness....so very little makes sense atm..
Hic !!!

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
Channel Hopper said:

Explanation of Women vs Men.

Doktorofsat- Your (C Band Teeth) elements are way lower in frequency then the small foil strips.

Attachments

• Man%20Woman.jpg
    Man%20Woman.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 141

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
:-rofl2:-rofl2
Absolutely excellent explanation of genetic difference between Male and Female of the human species ..in pictorial form.
:-righton Satcom

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
If sirs still are stubborn, I can shoot a video, showing reception of circular polarised signals with plain LNB.

doktorofsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C BANDIT
My Location
QTH
BombedOne said:
If sirs still are stubborn, I can shoot a video, showing reception of circular polarised signals with plain LNB.

BombedOne I know this fact!!

When the signal from the C bad bird is strong enought for the dish you can easily got circular (L,R) polarizations without using any dielectric:cool:

I tried at the begining of my C-band receptions on 90E, 49E , 40E ,5W with nice results:) o my 150cm dish

The most importat thing is the You need at least 40-41 dBW for an 150cm dish to get this circular polarizased tp

Best regards
DoktorOfSat

afry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
yamal 202
My Location
indonesian
doktorofsat said:
BombedOne I know this fact!!

When the signal from the C bad bird is strong enought for the dish you can easily got circular (L,R) polarizations without using any dielectric:cool:

I tried at the begining of my C-band receptions on 90E, 49E , 40E ,5W with nice results:) o my 150cm dish

The most importat thing is the You need at least 40-41 dBW for an 150cm dish to get this circular polarizased tp

Best regards
DoktorOfSat

please i don't understand about size of wire diameters, wire long, and distance between wire...please more information about all size
thank's

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm gibertini dish,echostar 8700 analogue receiver to move dish,motor jaeger 1224,also black ultra ku lnb and esx241 c-band lnbf and technomate 5402hd ci+ super also added a Dr HD f15 receiver
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi doktor of sat i tried that idea using a thin strip of ali and using small screws i did not see much improvement some channels came in but others did not,i gave up i am using the plate with my own design for the strips.