Dorcel TV - Picture Quality

Jethro61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax vaci-5300
Packard Bell 2gb ram, 250gb hard drive
My Location
Kent
Since Dorcel TV on Hotbird changed it's frequency a month or so back I am now getting continual blocking on the channel. It's making the channel unwatchable - every couple of minutes the picture breaks up completely for a few seconds. I seem to be getting a good signal (around 80% for both strength and quality) - it was perfect before the frequency change. All other channels in the package (Free X etc) are fine. Anyone else having problems?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Jethro61 said:
Since Dorcel TV on Hotbird changed it's frequency a month or so back I am now getting continual blocking on the channel. It's making the channel unwatchable - every couple of minutes the picture breaks up completely for a few seconds. I seem to be getting a good signal (around 80% for both strength and quality) - it was perfect before the frequency change. All other channels in the package (Free X etc) are fine. Anyone else having problems?

Assuming that you are using a legitimate InxWorld card.
Since you are the first to raise this problem, then it is probably something in your system that is not working well.

1 - What is the dish size?
2 - Which encryption does the card has?
3 - Which CI CAM are you using and it's firmware version
4 - Have you tried deleting the channel from the channels list and then rescanned the TP?
5 - Have you tried the card in another sat system?

Jethro61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax vaci-5300
My Location
Kent
I have an 80cm dish using legit Inxworld card (Viaccess) through Joker Cam. Tried deleting and adding again but still same result. Strange thing is that it was working perfectly before the frequency change. As it seems I am the only one with the problem it must be my system.

Thanks for your help!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Jethro61 said:
I have an 80cm dish using legit Inxworld card (Viaccess) through Joker Cam. Tried deleting and adding again but still same result. Strange thing is that it was working perfectly before the frequency change. As it seems I am the only one with the problem it must be my system.

Thanks for your help!

Well. it could be that the new provider ABSat is doing something new to the encryption and this is causing the cAM to function improperly.
It could also be the Joker CAM is not doing the Viaccess decryption properly. Is there a newer firmware for this CAM?
Can you try a Red Viaccess CAM?
Apart from this problem, is the picture quality (video bitrate) the same or worse?
As this used to be the only good quality channel in the InxWorld package, at least one channel in 5 should be watchable.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi again,
Just checked your STB Humax VACI-5300
It has an embedded Viaccess CAM, so why don't you try to take out the Joker CAM, insert your smartcard in the embedded CAM and see what happens?
The CI is probably not going to work well with Viaccess smartcards.

VIACCESS™ Embedded / Common Interface / Free-To-Air

VACI-5300 has Embedded VIACCESS™ and Common Interface for Nagravision, CryptoWorks(TM), Irdeto, Conax, and more.

VACI-5300 is your choice to enjoy ViACCESS™ pay channels without Conditional Access Module. Also VACI-5300 provides you Common Interface standard.

Jethro61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax vaci-5300
My Location
Kent
You were right! It is the cam thats the problem - I tried using the inbedded Viaccess and it works fine. I guess I had been using the joker cam for so long I completely forgot the built in option!

Many thanks for your help - much appreciated.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Jethro61 said:
You were right! It is the cam thats the problem - I tried using the inbedded Viaccess and it works fine. I guess I had been using the joker cam for so long I completely forgot the built in option!

Many thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Glad that it is working now as expected.
If you have another smartcard, make sure that you don't buy/use Viaccess as the box can't handle two services of this encryption. (at least this is the case with my Nokia 9800S.

mick23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
My Location
uk
h all i have just received official free x card (viaccess 2) humax 5400 and joker cam with the last software vertion 1.17 but cannot get any picture to clear , just get invalid card message, i have chosen viaccess from cam, menu the humax recognises the joker cam in cas menu.

i reprogrammed a funcard6 withjoker software to see if the cam gives methe option to upgrade etc, but still get invalid card message.

what firmware vertion are you using in your joker cam .

thank you

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
mick23 said:
h all i have just received official free x card (viaccess 2) humax 5400 and joker cam with the last software vertion 1.17 but cannot get any picture to clear , just get invalid card message, i have chosen viaccess from cam, menu the humax recognises the joker cam in cas menu.

i reprogrammed a funcard6 withjoker software to see if the cam gives methe option to upgrade etc, but still get invalid card message.

what firmware vertion are you using in your joker cam .

thank you

I am assuming that you have inserted the card with the chip on top?
Can you try another CI CAM like the RED Viaccess?
Is there another card in Viaccess in another slot?
Are you sure that the card is Viaccess and not Irdeto?

mick23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
My Location
uk
hi all card is viacess 2 i programmed cam with 0.79 firmware,then 1.18 but picture did not clear, spent most of today trying to get cam to work i then ordered a red via cam.

i tried again at 21.00 and picture cleared ok so perhaps there was a technical fault with the channels, i now need to cancel red cam order.

thank you