Dragon Cam problem?

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
I have been using a Dragon Cam in my Topfield 5510 to receive Sky FTV for a couple of years with no problems. However recently it fails to decode Channel 5, though it has no problem with Channel 4. Thinking it might be the predator s/w needing updating I loaded Predator 5.56. Sadly the result is no decoding at all, I know the Sky card is ok as I have tested in my old Sky box. any help gratefully received.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
How longhas it been out of the sky box? Channels switching off normally indicate the card has missed one of its authorisation signals.

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry, I thought that as I had been using it for a couple of years or more everyone would realise that I had placed my Sky card back into the Sky box from time to time. The card works perfectly in the Sky box, also until I updated the Dragon Cam I could receive Channel 4 but not 5 O.K. Obviously from time to time the decoding failed, but then it failed on all coded channels, putting the card back in the Sky box cured that. To reiterate, since updating the Predator software the Sky card fails to decode all channels.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Predator file you are using might not have the S*y CAID present. Try another Predator file.
First check that your cam is recognised, go into the cam menu and see if Predator 3.56 is loaded.
The last Predator release was 3.63.

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes 3.56 is loaded. It also says that the smart card is NDS but not decoding.
I will first try reloading 324, which I believe was the one I had previously, though I am not certain. Then I will look for the latest and try that.

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks for you help Mickha, I have now reloaded Predator 3.24, Channel 4 decoded OK also Five T2 Reg2, but not Channel 5, exactly as before. Sadly that version of Channel 5 has no subtitles, which are almost essential for me. However I then went into the set up and altered the box number to the Sky box number, Channel five now decodes, no subtitles at the moment, but I think, and hope, that they are not being broadcast, as a deaf signing programme is on. I am happy at that, though am puzzled that it has worked up to now with a box s/n of all zeros.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Usually their is a default number in this slot, which is why it works without pairing.
Try a Predator 363, do you use your cam for viewing anything else?
As Predator 363 opens Premiere, TPS, Polsat and Digi TV packages, all worth viewing.

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Confusion reigns. Channel 5 has disappeared again. However Five T2 Reg2 has suddenly started showing subtitles! I have now updated the Topfield TF5010PVR with the latest firmware version, also have Predator 362 loaded. All we use it for is Channel 4 and 5, never tried the others, will look at them one day, but unless they have subtitles not much use. It will not be long and Channel4 will be FTA, though when 5 is due to follow, if at all, I don't know. I would be happy not to have need of the *ky card.

lone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorised dish
DB 7020 receiver
Gemini 4.oo image
My Location
midlands
Try doing a rescan, as one of the channel 5 is missing from my dreambox. one of them used to work the other didnt, the one that is now missing is the one that didnt work :)
regards lone

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks Lone, done that got the T shirt, still the same but no matter. What has miffed me rather is that Topfield have removed the "Skip" option (which I found useful) because people were confusing it with the "Delete" option. Sigh, another case of dumbing down for the dumbest I guess!