dragon cam

sat_boy

Reaction score
I have recently upload the latest predator to my loader card, 100% sucsessfully!
But, when I take the card out, and restart my tuner(force 1189s), it can`t find the cam. I don`t understand why, because it worked before! Now the cam is empty.....Can anyone help me? Is there any program where I can use to fix my dragon cam? :)

loftyj

Reaction score
Do-not know Force reciver but with Echostar the procedure is to load dragon card with predator set reciver to a FTA channel, insert card into cam, insert cam into reciver and initiate reciver using reciver menu, can take a few minutes once reciver says ok, switch of reciver at mains the on again and cam should be working. This method seem to work with a number of recivers.

mike23

Reaction score
I have upload the latest predator 2.25 to my Golden Interstar 8500, but it can"t decoding FreeX channel from Hotbird. Can anybody help me? My e-male mike23@list.ru

brianmacdee

Reaction score
My Location
N Derbyshire
dr sat-boy - I have exactly your prob with my Force 2044. Would appreciate to know if Loftyj's advice worked at all - or any fix at all for this. Am at wits end!! beemacdee

brianmacdee

Reaction score
My Location
N Derbyshire
have not got any closer to getting my new cam to work in this Rx. - prob is what is the item at fault? is there any Force user out there that could make a suggestion? i get to the stage of 'dragon load' in the CA menu; 6/8 mins pass, it says successfully loaded - and then all the combinations of switching off, taking plug out, removing loader card, switching on again. that you can imagine hasn't worked. is it the Predator 2.33 firmware? faulty dynamite progger? does the card need repairing? Please, any help would be so appreciated - my wife thinks i'm potty as i've been at it for 4 days now. brian (she wants to bin the lot)

loftyj

Reaction score
brianmacdee said:
have not got any closer to getting my new cam to work in this Rx. - prob is what is the item at fault? is there any Force user out there that could make a suggestion? i get to the stage of 'dragon load' in the CA menu; 6/8 mins pass, it says successfully loaded - and then all the combinations of switching off, taking plug out, removing loader card, switching on again. that you can imagine hasn't worked. is it the Predator 2.33 firmware? faulty dynamite progger? does the card need repairing? Please, any help would be so appreciated - my wife thinks i'm potty as i've been at it for 4 days now. brian (she wants to bin the lot)
Hi brianmacdee
Have just read this post and it looks as if your card and cam are correctly loaded.
From reading other posts on this and other forums I know that a number of recivers are not very compatible with the dragon without a patch.
Go to the search function at the top of the page and put in Dragon and Force reciver, you may be able to get some information there to if your force is one of them.

Don't worry about the Wife thinking your potty mine's been telling me that for the past 48 years, but now everything is up and running hides the remote so she can watch what she likes.

brianmacdee

Reaction score
My Location
N Derbyshire
thnx loftyj - but i just now have got an inkling of my prob. i might have a contacts problem in the CA section of the Force. Have loaded up predator 2.32 instead of 233 and it worked - for a while. that is to say, the CA menu showed the 2.32 as present and there was a 3-part sub-menu that i could access; debugging, smartcard and settings. All of those produced mysterious requests for input from me and frankly I hadn't a clue what to do!!! Didn't think that I needed lots of codes or hexes or cards. I surfed a few channels and saw that the receiver looked for the ch then gave up and said 'ch not found'. Previously, each ch said - 'access denied' or 'no card'. So, tried a restart; lo and behold my CA menu was empty!!! Much pushing/twisting has not helped. So. not only have I crummy scart plugs working themselves free (that abortion was designed by a committee of idiots!) but now these tiny CAM connectors are suspect. My receiver - Force 2044 - is less than a year old (OK in normal use) so I am bound to attempt another CAM. I wondered if any reader of this would care to lend - or flog me - an old (known to work) cam that they don't need at the moment. If that can be made to work then my new Dragon CAM is suspect. If the cam doesnt work then I am going to go back to TPS and see if they can help. The RX is top of the range and I bought on reputation and reviews as much as anything. could collect 50 miles radius of Chesterfield but am paraplegic and in a wheelchair. so you can see why this hobby interests me. Any replies/offers gratefully received; my e-mail is brian.mcdermott5*ntlworld.com

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi brian
No this is a stupid question but did you remember to put your reciver on a FTA channel befor you loaded the cam. the fact that it produced the menu with smartcard, debug ect: would suggest that the cam is loaded and working. Don't worry about these as the Dragon is a stand alone unit the only one you are likely to use is dedug to change keys if required.
Hope someone in your area can help with spare cam. I know there are a good few members in the Derby, Nottingham area.
By the way I would go bact to predator 233 its opening more channels at the moment

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
hi loftyj
i am newboy 45. i left a query for you, unfortunately in the wrong area as i was not sure of the process. anyway i feel my query is related to the above subject. please be kind enough to advise me on the debug option in the dragon cam. i have succesfulyy loaded the predator 234 in my dragon cam and is working well in my manhattan plaza 3300 ci. the dragon module also suggests to use the debug option.
is this for the channels that do not open when the files are uploaded where you have to obtain the keys from the interet site and manually enter them into the receiver/ cam.
when i select the appropriate encryption in the debug option and go to the next stage i get an option to enter three numbers and i am stuck after this.
could you please give an elaborate tutorial in the whole process. i have started a new thread on this subject and made a detailed description of my problem under keys and key editing hoping someone would help me. i have gone into a number of forums but have not been able to view an answer to this question to the extent that i can understand. please also look into the same query unde keys and key editing from newboy 45

cheers

Skint

Reaction score
Hi guys I was having the same problem loading my dragon onto my Force 5 today
everything went fine until pulling the plug on the receiver
I try'd this several times without success
Then for no reason I switched the receiver off by the remote into standby
Switched back on and hay presto, there she was up and running

You never no