Dragon predator 3.04

digital_mind

Reaction score
Hi,

I borrowed a dragon cam from my friend with predator 3.04. I tried using it on my reciever Humax 5300 but it doesn't seem to work with TPS and Multivision channels??

any idea

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi digital_mind,
have you checked your receiver to see if the Cam is recognised and is loaded with Predator 304, as these channels are still open with the Dragon, on Hotbird. Your receiver might require a firware upgrade to be compatible with the Dragon.
Just checked on Dragon and it should be compatible with Humax 5300, so all I can suggest is that you try re-loading the Dragon Cam, following the instructions in the howto.txt in the predator 304 folder, or re-scannng the problem channels. Sometimes it does take a few seconds to open some channels.
Best wishes
Mickha

olgasarse

Reaction score
I've never been able to get TPS or Multivision on my box - GBSAT 2 CI, using the Dragon, although it picks everything else up ok.
I think it's a compatabillity issue.
If possible, upgrade the firmware on your box.

CADATED

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gb sat 2ci 0
motorised 80 cm dish
dragon cam
manhatten st100
compaq presario and dynamite programmer
My Location
CREWE,CHESHIRE
olgasarse said:
I've never been able to get TPS or Multivision on my box - GBSAT 2 CI, using the Dragon, although it picks everything else up ok.
I think it's a compatabillity issue.
If possible, upgrade the firmware on your box.

I can receive TPS and Multivision on my GBSAT 2 CI using the dragon are you using 3.04

cableman

Reaction score
digital_mind said:
Hi,

I borrowed a dragon cam from my friend with predator 3.04. I tried using it on my reciever Humax 5300 but it doesn't seem to work with TPS and Multivision channels??

any idea

Is your dsr patched. If so there may be a coflict between the dragon cam and your receiver's cas patch. This was the case with my Dragon cam and Technomate 5500ci super with patch ; D+ and Taq. on astra would freeze after a short (variable) period. I simply had to delete the respective codes from the dsr CAS menu and all was good. Don't know if this could be your prob.

olgasarse

Reaction score
CADATED said:
I can receive TPS and Multivision on my GBSAT 2 CI using the dragon are you using 3.04

Yes, I'm using 3.04. I think the problem is that my box is an old 2 CI.
I've never seen a firmware upgrade for it on any of the sites mentioned, although there are upgrades for what look like later releases.

digital_mind

Reaction score
I guess there was a conflict between my the patch i had on my machine and the dragon card. I reseted my machine to factory defualt and tried again and it worked fine.

thanks for you advice