chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
First time I got to see this programme a couple of weeks ago heard steve wright chatting about it on radio 2 and sounded good.

Like the format of this show. The investors are real hard nosed business people with straight forward attitude and straight to the bottomline. I hope they do an update later on to see how those entrepreneurs are doing.

The concept is simple. Aspiring businessmen or women in need of money have a few minutes to pitch their idea to a panel of five wealthy entrepreneurs — the dragons. If they like the idea they might invest some of their own money. If they don’t, they will tear the idea and its proponent apart.

Anybody who's not seen it yet check it out Tuesday nights BBC2 8.00pm

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmm, not so sure about the credentials of all the judges Chris, Rachel Elnaugh the founder of Red Letter Days, didn't they just go bust. ;)

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
It was filmed before her company went bust, i thought the same but still a good show anyway.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, having said that, once you reach a certain level in business, it doesn't seem to matter how you mess up, there's another big payment around the corner.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
At the beginning of the latest series they did mention about 'Red Letter' but also that she is still has her fingers in several pies.

Her personal wealth is still in the millions.

Talked to few rich people in my time and you have to be a bit of a ba**ard to make that sort of money.

I'd rather be nice... :p

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, well on that basis, I must be one of the nicest people around. :-lmao :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I watched all of the first series and I have to admit after a while it became tedious. I watched again a couple of weeks ago and nobody got any money. The format is reasonable but it is slightly flawed because if the person doing the presentation does not have presentaion skills or is a bit nervous or did not know one answer to a question they were not offered the money. The dragons would only offer money on surefire cast iron hits and on the dragon's own terms not the terms requested. Great concept poor execution IMHO