dream 7025 cooling

andriusv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7025
My Location
uk
Hi, I would like to fit a cooling fan to my box.
Can someone explain what type of fan i should get what voltage and how to connect it.Thank you

micron123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
85cm dish
STAB motor
My Location
midlands, england
If your 7025 is an old version then the power supply does run hot. Thats because its inefficient. I had that problem. I fitted a fan from a pc plugged into the power supply. The trouble with that was you could hear it running. Very annoying. My power supply eventually failed. I contacted Dream Multimedia and they said I had the old power supply. They offered to replace it FOC, just paid the postage. The new power supply runs much cooler and the fan is not necessary.

bluenose

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025 + Motorised Dish
My Location
Merseyside
Yes, I can confirm what Micron123 says, although I actually almost got ripped off by someone on the net who sold me the wrong version for £79.00, it was only when it wouldnt fit that I done some research and found that Dream would swap these FOC adnd this guy was exploiting this fact and probably making a fortune. Took me quite a while to get my money back too. S be careful, best thing to do is contact Dream, as Micron123 says.

andriusv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7025
My Location
uk
Thanks guys for advise.

bob-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+s-t
Raven gemini 70 ,13e,19e,28e
85cm Transparent dish Moteck SG2100 and inverto black ultra lnb.
My Location
UK,Sheffield
Do you have a hard drive fitted?
Mine got quite hot with a 3.5" drive fitted so i fitted a 2.5" drive and a fan near to the front of the psu which seemed to get the hottest ,it is now quite cool and luke warm when pushed.

micron123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
85cm dish
STAB motor
My Location
midlands, england
Bob, yes I have a hard drive fitted. If you have the new version of the power supply from dream you would find the power supply runs very cool. No fan is necessary, and anyway I would find the fan noise too annoying. The top of the case above the power supply runs at about 35 deg C. The old power supply ran so hot it eventually failed in the end. I'm glad it did as the replacement was FOC from dream (+postage).

bob-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+s-t
Raven gemini 70 ,13e,19e,28e
85cm Transparent dish Moteck SG2100 and inverto black ultra lnb.
My Location
UK,Sheffield
I wouldn't say it runs cool but it doesn't run hot either warm on the top without the fan after a long period of running ,it did get hot with the 3.5" drive fitted.
The fan runs quite slow so there is no noise from the fan and the harddrive is totally silent .
I would think that its the new power supply as it the 7025+ , it was probably down to the 3.5" drive and the power it was drawing.