mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The problem is the motor moves sometimes and sometimes doesnt, so you never really know where it is sitting at, not only that, when i set the dish static it will be fine one minute and screwed the next.

I know the gotoXX sucks but it does work on the Dreambox 500s

If you want to use gotoxx on a 500s rather than find and manually store the satellite positions then expect problems- even more than you normally get on a 500s.

Carl97

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Engineer
My Location
London UK
Thanks again Guys,
Mainly this box was an experiment, cheap as it was i think it has still done the job. Not so much as in finding satellites as such but has kept me busy diagnosing.
Seams to be a lot of volts (loads of sharper than usual shocks) but to low on amps and the processing power is very low as it doesn't seam to like more than 1 instruction per second and if you don't channel surf like i do. For the record i did manage to get it setup (8 hours later and several restarts)

I have invested in a PC card version to further give me headaches i suspect before i take the leap for an expensive box (By then i can afford one) Anyway at least my Dish will be happily decorated this year with a DM Borbble and a bit of tinsel.

Anyways, I would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas & a Great New Year. And thanks agin for the help ;-)
Carl