Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try an internet search for dreambox 500HD green light problem and see if you can find anything that can help.
I'm beginning to think you might have a cheap clone, which might require a repair, if they're worth repairing.

Jonesy2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 hd
My Location
North east
Turns out its a clonebox. A lot of people have the same problem after trying to flash with wrong image. Not sure how to fix this, might need a new box lol

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There are a lot of cheap, clones, most of which are of very poor quality.
As soon as a good, brand name, receiver is produced, you can usually find a cheap clone version, not far behind.
Keep checking, for a solution, as I've known people keep trying, to resurrect a receiver, and get it working after 10-20 attempts.
i wouldn't think openPli would kill your receiver, as this isn't an official dreambox image, but used on numerous, enigma 2, receivers.
If it is dead you might want to consider a VU+ model, for your next receiver, I've got a VU+ Duo 2, which is suiting all my requirements, at the moment.

Jonesy2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500 hd
My Location
North east
I will keep trying and let you know if i have any luck. Thanks for the help. i will look at the vu+ and hopefully be back with some good news haha