dreambox 500s ireland

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
hi i guys i havent bought this box yet just want to do a backround check before i buy it. i am use to using cable boxes so this is my first attempt at this. so try understand my novice questions i have a sly dish at home i am wondering can i use this with a splitter so one cable goes to digibox and other goes to dreambox, i also have cable broadband using a router do i also need a card to get stations and such things. is there anything else i need in this set up? also anyone got an easy to understand explanation of cline?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
sitja said:
hi i guys i havent bought this box yet just want to do a backround check before i buy it. i am use to using cable boxes so this is my first attempt at this. so try understand my novice questions i have a sly dish at home i am wondering can i use this with a splitter so one cable goes to digibox and other goes to dreambox, i also have cable broadband using a router do i also need a card to get stations and such things. is there anything else i need in this set up? also anyone got an easy to understand explanation of cline?

No.

The LNB requires switching signals from a Receiver to tell it what Polarity (Horizontal/Vertical) and Band (Low/High) to switch to.

If you split a single Feed, apart from degrading the signal, you will cause switching conflicts as the Boxes fight for control.

Each Tuner in each Satellite receiver requires a separate Feed, so you will need to upgrade your LNB to one which has sufficient outputs for your needs.

They come in Single (No good), Quad (Four Outputs) and Octo (Eight) for Sky Dishes.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sitja said:

We will disregard the cable aspect as further discussion of this are is forbidden here.

As m'learned chum Tivu has said you cant split the cable so you will need to run another length of coax to the dish and fit a quad lnb if you dont already have one fitted.

If you want the Sky pay satellite channels you need a subscription. End of story - the sat signals are totally secure.

No disrespect but with your current level of knowledge you dont need to be worrying about clines & anything to do with that. If you want further information about it then sit down for a couple of hours and get reading - thers plenty of info about it right here on the forum.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
thanks for replies. just begining at this game reading alot of tutorials and i like to hear a bit of first hand knowledge aswell. if i got a sub for sky and put that in my dreambox how can i actually share this we say in an f:line?