Dreambox 500s

congo2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i-link 9000+,dreambox500s
My Location
Barbados
I have a Dm 500c,what can i do with it beside placing in the trash,its pretty new.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We do not permit any discussion of cable receivers on this forum. Thread closed.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It says 500S in his Profile ................. Confusion reigns. Situation normal!

congo2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barbados
Sorry it was my mistake,I meant 500s as you can see in my profile,how to flash (my computer does not have a Rs232 port)any help will appriciated
Thanks
kbee

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Merged & reopened :D (by Tivu I think :D)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok.

Thread reopened.

I'm on a roll ................. :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Analoguesat said:
Merged & reopened :D (by Tivu I think :D)

Wow, I only just pipped you there!

GrumpyDave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1mt Tecatel dish,Technomate high gain lnb,Technomate 5400 super+ receiver,Stab HH 100 motor,Diablo cam2,Cas3+ programmer.Satellites viewed 42E to 30w.
1.9 famaval dish,2 Pace 2600c1 sky boxes,quad invacom lnb viewing 28e.Receivers in reserve panas
My Location
murcia spain
Congo2.

In answer to your question above,here is the answer to your problem. I found this piece of information on one of the many sites I frequently visit.Hope I am not to late, and its not in the bin yet.

Flashing your dreambox, there are a few ways to do this on some dreamboxes , but only one way if your using a dm500s. by connecting your dreambox to your pc with a null modem cable . if you have a new or recently bought laptop it won't have the required rs232 socket that you would connect your null modem cable to ( a newer desktop may have an rs232 socket ) if this is the case with your pc you will also need to buy a usb to serial adaptor cable and you connect your null modem cable to it , giving you a null modem connection on one end for your box and a usb connection on the other for your pc . the usb to serial adaptor may come with a disk that you install in your pc ( this contains software or a driver as its called , a driver is needed for your pc to be be able to connect with your box via the usb to serial adaptor cable ) if you do not have a disk, you will have to go online and download a suitable driver . it must be noted that any pc that runs on windows vista may have problems when it comes to flashing a box with the above adaptor as vista has compatability problems with a lot of drivers . This is probably not the most effective or reliable way of flashing your receiver with a new image but it is a work around solution.Other than this look for an old desktop computer with an RS 232 socket running on windows XP problem solved. Hope this helps. Good luck.

congo2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barbados
Hi ! thanks for the info,I will get the items mention and let you know the out come
Thanks
congo2

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Pinched from somwhere else, this is the method i use

Howto Flash via the root.cramfs method

This method uses a network connection (or crossover cable) to FTP the image to your Dreambox and to flash it manually.

This way is only supported by the CDK boxes or what are also called Engima 1 boxes.

the DM500, the DM56xx and the DM7000

When you have an UTP (LAN) connection between your PC and Dreambox, do the following:

Rename the image to root.cramfs (in small letters)
Copy this root.cramfs with FTP-software to your Dreambox into the subdirectory /var/tmp
On your Dreambox, press the menu button on your remote control to get into the Enigma menu
Go to the System Settings menu, and choose the Software update

Now select Software update, you will see 2 options:

Internet update
Manual update

Choose the last option (Manual Update).