Dreambox 800HD PVR - Clone, How to avoid updating deleted channels automatically?

jadihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 800HD PVR (Clone)
My Location
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hi,

My first post here and i am newbie to Dreambox world. Sorry for my poor English as well.

I am using dreamboxedit-IHAD to delete unnecessary channels and copy the remaining back to Dreambox. I have noticed that the box is automatically updating the channels list in NEW section of the satellite when ever i visit any channel. I assume that the box is updating the channels list in the background and update the missing channels from the transponder which refers to the channel from my filtered list of channels i am currently watching.

It could be a good feature for someone but i don't want this feature. I would like to know where are the setting to turn this feature off?

here is the info of the box

DM800HD PVR
Image: 04.29.2010
Kerna: Linux 2.6.18-7.3-dm800

forgot to mention that i have tried turning on the "K" Flag from "Service Detail" section which says "Do not automatically update the services parameters" but it also does not affect any thing where as "H" Flag below to "K" is working fine which is "Don't show the service in All Service List".

Any Idea?

Further, any idea how to delete a channel using remote?

Any help in this regard will be appreciated

regards,

Junaid Hussain
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
I would suggest that you make Bouquets for the channels you wish to keep using dreamboxedit. To do this right click in the Bouquets column and select insert new bouquet and name it and press enter. Once you have the bouquets you need save the file in dreamboxedit and then transfer it to the box.
Now restart your box and press the down key on the remote and this will give you all your channels. Navigate to a channel you want press the menu button then choose add service to bouquet and choose the bouquet you want to keep it in. To remove an entry form a bouquet press menu and choose remove entry.
Once you have the channels & bouquets you want I would then download the file using dreamboxedit and save it for future use.

jadihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 800HD PVR (Clone)
My Location
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
this solution did not work,

I have a 3-4 channels list in dreamboxedit. i removed all bougets, make a fresh one, save it and copy over to dreambox. the dreambox automatically list the channels again which are with the 3-4 channels in my satellite list.

so this solution did not work.

any other idea. i am fed up with this DM trying hours to find solution. The other ordinary receivers does not tune deleted channels automatically till you tune the transponder again.

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If you have made your bouquets and saved your channels to them you access them via the down button and then the blue. Choose your bouquet and the channels are be there. This solution does work and it is how you store and organise your channels on a DM.

jadihussain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 800HD PVR (Clone)
My Location
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
HI, The channels i organize either using remote on dreambox or using dreameboxedit software is working. I can press ok from remote (down key change the channel), press blue button to get into Bouquets and can watch the channels stored in Bouquets but my issue is whenever i watch my channels the box automatically store new channels in the list satellite list marked as new below.

press ok
satellites - Green button
I see three listing of my Satellites

Nilesat 101/102 - Services
Nilesat 101/102 - Providers
Nilesat 101/102 - New (this is where i don't want channels to store automatically, they come to services list as well.)

note that i have DM 800HD so the down key from remote change the channel. I either have to press ok and choose Bouquets or +/- bouquet keys from remote

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi jadihussain,
I'm using a patched PLi image on my DM 800HD clone sim201 which works how I have described it. Once the bouquets are setup they do not alter unless I change them. I have also set one channel as the startup service by highlighting the service I want in a bouquet and pressing the menu button and choosing that option. Now when I turn on my box it starts that channel in that bouquet. Each image works in different ways and comes with different features included, changing your image may solve the problem. Please note that changing the image may stop your box from working if the wrong bootloader and image is used. I suggest you do some research on flashing a clone before attempting this because I found out the hard way.
I hope you solve your problem because I have run out of ideas.
Best wishes,
meagain123