DreamBox and Card combinations

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Can the DreamBox 7000s be used to write to a smart card?

Can you program any type of card with them?

After reading a lot am I correct saying that DreamBox card combination can open a lot more services.

Seem to me that cards can be updated long before the DreamBox k*y sites are updated. (not official cards)

In the past I have seen posts of services opened with cards that the DreamBox cannot, or at least I can't.

I am not tlaking about the present blackout but generally.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
gameboy said:
Can the DreamBox 7000s be used to write to a smart card?
Nope. You need a programmer.

gameboy said:
After reading a lot am I correct saying that DreamBox card combination can open a lot more services.
Only with genuine cards or MOSC's

gameboy said:
Seem to me that cards can be updated long before the DreamBox k*y sites are updated.
Don't think so. Not generally at least. The 1W C*nax / Knotcard / VR3 / MII situation is a bit different, but that's just money dictating the timings.

gameboy said:
In the past I have seen posts of services opened with cards that the DreamBox cannot, or at least I can't.
Not too many AFAIK, other than the above. If the keys are known and decrypted, then the DB can open it. Same with the PC cards.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Thanks BGonaSTICK

Amazing when you start looking again how much is still out there.

Good night.