geo1561

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DCIP
1.2m H_H
DB 500
My Location
uk
My sat receiver in Cyprus is a Dreambox 500s installed with cccam 2.13. Up to now Ive just been using it to receive FTA channels. My problem is that I do not have access to a telephone landline and hence I do not have broadband. However I do have access to the internet through an external Wi-fi connection. Is there a way of using the Wi-fi so that I can use the cccam to its full potential? What would I need to make a connection between the dreambox and the wi-fi to work ? I dont even know if this is possible, any help gratefully accepted.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I have never used any form of wifi on the dreambox. However, several people use wifi to connect to the internet through their router (which is connected to the internet using broadband). As this is possible, you should be able to use your pc as a "router" by plugging the wifi dongle into the PC. Then plug the pc and dreambox into a bridge or router, Then configure your PC to share its internet connection. This is round the houses, but it should work. Maybe someone else has a better solution, which would be preferable. It does mean your PC has to be switched on and the wifi has to be connected to use the internet from your dreambox.

I don't think that there are any wifi drivers for wifi internet on the dreambox, but I could be very wrong.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
@AnalogueSat: That link solves the problem if you have a broadband connection and a wifi router. It seems the required solution has to connect through somethink like a 3 broadband dongle to the mobile wifi network.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah - I read it he doesnt have a landline himself but still had access to wifi piggybacking onto someone elses maybe:

However I do have access to the internet through an external Wi-fi connection.

If it is some sort of external dongle then its not going to work. I doubt cccam c/s will work through such a device - I suspect there would be too much lag, I cant remember having ever heard of anyone getting it working anyway.

D

deleted

he could use a wireless bridge to connect from dm to source, but he would need sufficient bandwith to cope.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
If the requirement is to access his home card(client), not providing outside shares (server) then speed is not too critical as the packets are very small, however, network access has to be quick to stop freezes.

thehunte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 600
Philips 2221
Computer Windows XP
My Location
Germany
I have got a DM600. It is connected with the Internet with a Belkin Wireless Game Adapter.

I did'nt like to have cables through my living room.

It is very easy to connect the dreambox with a wireless Game Adapter.

My settings are :

Ip adress of the wireless router : 192.168.2.1
In the Game adapter the same SID as in Computer.

In Dreambox : System - Network - DHCP on - Nameserver 102.168.2.1 - Gateway

CC Cam works without any problems

The same with my daugther.

Succes

geo1561

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DCIP
1.2m H_H
DB 500
My Location
uk
Thanks for all replies. I am receiving an external Wi-fi signal which I pay to access when I am over in cyprus. I want to use the deambox in cyprus to share with my dreambox in England.