Dreambox DM 800

stagman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite via astra - runthrough laptop with wifi
My Location
Spain
Hi

Just installed my dreambox but find it "switches itself off" overnight. I have managed to
disable the sleep timer but this has not made any difference.
I have to reboot the box by removing power lead and then plugging back in. Allis then
fine.
Any ideas how I remedy this problem? Thanks
Steve

A nonymous

Reaction score
If it keeps switching itself off after you have disabled the sleep timer plugin i suggest you try another image.

Nano

stagman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Hi Nano,

Thanks for that. Being a complete knobhead on technical issues I am not sure
what is meant by "trying another image". Can you enlightem me please?

You are saying I should try a new image, as my dreambox switches off overnight despite the sleep timer being disabled.

I am afraid I do not understand what "try a new image" means. Can you explain what I need to do please?

Many thanks.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Please don't start a new topic when you already have opened one dealing with the same issue, It has a tendency to get the moderators backs up :D

What i was trying to explain is that you could try another image if you are still having problems, I.E Change the software the box is running on.

You also haven't mentioned which software your Dreambox is running and neither have you stated which Dreambox it is.

There are 12 or so models of Dreambox to choose from, starting from the DM100 to the DM8000.

Certain boxes are flashed differently to the next model which is why you need to clarify which one it is. You also need to clarify if its a genuine box or a clone.

If its a HD Box with HDMI, have you tried disabling HDMI-CEC? Its worth looking at in the plugin menus of most images.

Nano

stagman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Hi Nano

My Dreambox is DM800 HD Clone. Had someone set it up for me. No idea what the software is but could it possibly be
blackhole or enigma 2? Sorry about the double post but this is my first experience of using forums.
Regards
Steve

A nonymous

Reaction score
Sorry to bombard you with info, but which clone is it and which bootloader does it have.

This will all become relevant shortly.

When the box is first switched on what does it say in the display. Something like Team SIM 2.01 #84

If you flash the wrong image to the box you will get a NO CA error and the box will not boot.

With the DM800 clone boxes you have a choice of SIM 2.01, Ferrari & ESTAR sims. The software is different for each one. Install the wrong software and the box will not work.

Nano

stagman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Hi

When box is first switched on it says SIM 2.01

The supplier of the box does not know which clone it is neither does he
know which bootloader it has but he mentioned blackhole image (this is
shown when rebooting)

When it "switches" off overnight the timer on the box is still illuminated and
shows the time the box "stopped". When I turn the television on the picture is frozen
and is presumably of the last broadcast image.

I need to reboot the box each morning which is a pain - any other help would be
most appreciated. Lastly, is it possible the box is at fault or am I missing something?

Regards

Steve

A nonymous

Reaction score
Its more than likely a problem with the image than the box.

When it boots up it will say SIM 2.01 #84 or something like that.

The #84 tells you which bootloader the box is using.

What does your say?

It sound like your supplier is trying to fob you off. He supplied the box so he should know whats on it. Did the box come with one of those so called gifts when you purchased it?

Nano

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
As long as the SIM is 2.01, any image designed for that SIM version should work and will upgrade your bootloader (the #84 bit) automatically.

That's the theory, anyway, but there's always a risk of bricking it ...

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
I think they only update the bootloader when the image is SSL.