Dreambox gone beserk!!

YendorNerraw

DayDreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020. Two 80cm dishes, one with monoblock at 19 and 13, the other with single lnb at 28.
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
While rebooting my DB 7020 it locked up and would not restart. The only visible activity is a display of space invaders running on the LCD display. What is going on here ? Can anyone help me recover my seemingly knackered receiver ?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
What had you done just before this happened?

New image loaded or anything added?

Did you try a flash erase?

If all else fails it's the null modem cable I'm afraid!

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
hi gameboy
good your on line
i am trying all day to flash original image again, got connected with null cable, unticked the small box in the DreamUp software, clicked on connect, it says now switch on your db which i did......nothing happen...i.e still same thing, noted that in the DreamUp software, com3...am i suppose to use com1or 2...is this the problem...if yes
where to get com1 or 2...i donot have this in my pc all i got com 3,4,5
i gone

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Fransuoa

Please try and start a new thread if you have a question as it gets confusing - I'm confused enough!!!

As you can see from my equipment I'm a Mac user and only use the PC to load the original image - and thankfully - that was a long time ago.

Not sure about the Com port question - maybe another PC user will help.

Is the IP address correct?

:-hijack

DCG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 7000 and 7020
cas 3
blue ice cam
sv card
redlight card
seca cam
reality cam
opos 1.03 and 1.05
lynksys router
gold cards
fun cards
1.1 mtr trix dish
0.3 sharp lnb
hh100 moter
xplus tv and inxtc card
s_x view +
ceribro card
My Location
just above the earth
YendorNerraw said:
While rebooting my DB 7020 it locked up and would not restart. The only visible activity is a display of space invaders running on the LCD display. What is going on here ? Can anyone help me recover my seemingly knackered receiver ?
update its sorted nice on m8

replyed to this on the den m8