Dreambox Streaming?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Is there a way to do it and what exactly is it? I mean, can you stream the channel your currently on the dreambox through some software on your PC, say VLC? I'm assuming you can only view the channel on the box? Or is it you can just stream files saved on the HDD of the box?

Anyway, how do you do it? I saw it mentioned in a guide, but it was not completed. I have tried downloading those little files from the web interface of your box and importing them into VLC, but nothing really happened. (The apid and vpid files).

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Ok, well I have answered some of my own questions. Found some software called Dream TV, which is very simple to use, and streams the video of the channel your watching. Quality is excellent, unfortunately there is no audio available at the moment. Is there another way with VLC player?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
ok, there is a beta out that support audio now, but the video streaming doesn't seem to be good, but with further development of this software, i think it'll be excellent.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
T_Gs Dreambox 'Idiot's guide' has the information you need.

Just use a web browser - if your box is on your network use it's IP address - you can control everything on the box from the web browser - even a virtual remote control is available.

Use VLC to stream the current channel onto your PC.

As I say it's all there.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yeah, the Dream TV software just seems to utilise the tuxvision software itself, with some polish. Am still getting some stutter, but I think thats badnwidth limitation of my wireless network, but this is a very impresive feature!

genoSUAVE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7020
Dreambox DM7000
Modified Prime Star 46X30 Dish
My Location
Dixie Land, USA
The best that I have found (by far) is the BitControl software. It works perfectly through Windows Media player.

You can find it at their website along with the Dreambox codec package. It is a trial version so you can check it out for your self for free. There is a crack floating around for it also.

No recording feature but it streams very nicely, even over a G wireless setup.

geno