DreamboxEdit and Gemini 2.60

stsalkit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020s
My Location
Greece
Hello to All,
I am very new to this game so I need as much help as I can get. I have just installed Gemini 2.60 onto my 7020 and I was trying to download the services list from my previous set-up (Hydra 1.09). Undortunately though Dreamboxedit although it can succesfully communicate to my DB via ethernet, and it starts receiving files, it freezes. It does that in various stages of the process i.e. it sometimes manages to upload onto PC, some of the services list and then freeze, sometimes it downloads all of it and then stops etc. Can someone help? I thought of changing the paths for the files in the Options section from the standard, but I am not sure that I have put the correct paths. Regards

tuty

Reaction score
works fine for me using gemini 2.6 and dreamedit 1.8.5.0.
could be network problem, disable firewall if exist ,try using cross cable directly from your PC to the DM.
Good luck

stsalkit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020s
My Location
Greece
Can you please send me the paths you have input in the Options screen of dreamboxedit? Thanks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Go ftp on the toolbar in D box edit,
ftp port is 21, db http server port is 80, ip of dreambox 192.198.1.24 (Mine)
user name is root, password is dreambox.

stsalkit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020s
My Location
Greece
Dear John_graydon,
Thanks but this is already done. For some reason DBEdit, although it starts the process (of uploading from DB7020), it does not quite finish it and it freezes. I suspect that the paths to where the services and satellite data are is not correct.
Regards

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Other than what ws already suggested:
Well, if I was you I would do several things, not necessairily in this order. Reinstall another image just to make sure this is ok. If problem is still there try downloading another set of settings from whatever site, even if they are old and see what happens.
If problem still there, try reinstall DBE.
Another thing you coulkd try is to FTP the files manually to the box.
I am not sure if yours is the same, but I got the all the files in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/, the only ones not going there are the ones with ending BAK, and the satellites.xml goes to /var/etc/

Reboot and try out.

Another problem that you can have if your VAR is too full, then it cant load up anything.

Another thing to try is erase all the bouquet files from the dreambox and try to load new ones, alterna\tively you can try to download new settings from the blue panel if you got a Gemini image (not sure about Hydra).

Hope this gives you some ammunition to fight the evil Dreambox mamstergremlin!

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Dreambox mamstergremlin!

Nice one TG.:-rofl2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
A horrible abomination mongrel....