My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s - Flubber
40gb Hard Drive
80cm Clear Dish + V-Box 2
Linksys Wireless Bridge
DCC on Laptop
My Location
Lancaster UK
I tried every way to connect to my DM7000, but no sucess!!

I'm a newbie to the Dreambox and have read every help file on the web, but still can't hook it up.

It's the 1.0.5 default image and i've tried a null modem and it won't connect, so can someone tell me how to connect with a LAN (cat 5)?

I've read the idiots guide, but that doesn't give connection guidelines and assumes an up to date image...

Do I just connect direct to the 7000 from my laptop without being online, set the ip and fire up DreamUpLan?

Thanks

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi beat,

DreamUp (non lan version) using the null modem cable is the most basic way of connecting to a Dreambox. If you scr*w up an image in flash then it is the only recovery method. So unless you have a very severe (boot loader) problem, it will work.
First, are you sure the cable you are using IS a NULL modem cable and not a straight RS232 modem cable?
With null modem cable connected between correct port on PC and Dreambox rs232 port - Dreambox mains supply switched off - start DreamUp (not DreamUpLan) - then connect mains power to the Dreambox - DreamUp halts the boot sequence and you should be able to transfer the new image to the Dreambox.

Once you've mastered that you'll be able to move on to multiboot using FlashWizard 4.5a/b and a USB memory stick!

You say you've read all the info on the Dreambox but have you tried the Klona guide? It's the one that got me started!

Give DreamUp (not DreamUpLan) another try with the Null modem cable, it must work, it's everyones last resort!

Let's know how you get on?

73, good luck & happy new year.

beatphreak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s - Flubber
40gb Hard Drive
80cm Clear Dish + V-Box 2
Linksys Wireless Bridge
DCC on Laptop
My Location
Lancaster UK