My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi
I'm looking to buy the dreamweaver software education copy off ebay, but it seems too good to be true.

On ebay the dreamweaver studio is about 120 quid but it's 250 quid in the shops. It says that it is sealed in box and new.

Others on ebay are offering the code after you have downloaded the demo software now that does sound dodgy. I've heard that Adobe the suppliers of dreamweaver have been clamping down on registration codes.

Does anyone have experience of "new" software off ebay ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm always suspicious of things like software on eBay, would be a bit like buying perfume or aftershave from a street trader, you never know what's in it. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If it seem to good to be true - it usually is!

The supply of the authorisation key is not something you buy- you can find them free if you really want them....

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
All software can be cracked or serials found. Be very careful to virus check any "solutions".

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
mhku said:
All software can be cracked or serials found...

Except NSW 2006!

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
The language spoken here on this forum usually leaves me wondering if I've logged on to a foreign site by mistake. So what does NSW 2006 mean.

Usually a quick search on the web refreshes the old grey matter. So here is the answer h**p://www.nsw2006.co.uk/

Only 210 days to go - hope she gets her hair cut before then !

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
BGonaSTICK said:
Except NSW 2006!

Yes whatsthis that is the correct way but incorrect answer
Norton System Works 2006 is what BG was probably referring to :-rofl2

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
whatsthis said:
Hi
I'm looking to buy the dreamweaver software education copy off ebay, but it seems too good to be true.

On ebay the dreamweaver studio is about 120 quid but it's 250 quid in the shops. It says that it is sealed in box and new.

Others on ebay are offering the code after you have downloaded the demo software now that does sound dodgy. I've heard that Adobe the suppliers of dreamweaver have been clamping down on registration codes.

Does anyone have experience of "new" software off ebay ?

I have some experience of the Dreamweaver saga, comes at a price though ;)

Seriously the education copy is legit, but should only be supplied to students taking a course that is approved (in conjunction with a faculty) by Adobe.

These are from memory, only in the US, and you need to send proof to Adobe, that you are taking the course as a student, before they will give the registration keys. Additionally the MX package (in the student form) has restrictions in future bug fixes and Adobe may persue you if you release a design onto the Net for commercial purpose if it was made using the student Dreamweaver.

Which version is on eBay ? I can sell you DWMX 2004 (unopened/unused) for less if you think you need it.

Hope it helps

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
I'm always suspicious of things like software on eBay, would be a bit like buying perfume or aftershave from a street trader, you never know what's in it. :)

Or what/whose sweat/bodily fluids have been secreted into the bottle.:eek:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Channel Hopper said:
Or what/whose sweat/bodily fluids have been secreted into the bottle.:eek:
#
Far too much detail Ch I've just thrown up all over the desktop:eek:

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I have had "new software" from E-Bay when I paid £10 for a well known office program about a year ago, and while it is a copy it works perfectly well and is even updated
But as the others have stated be carefull.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks for all your help, I'm still looking into it.

I was after the DW studio with DW8+flash etc. The official ed version (which is the same as the full retail) is 211+vat in the uk shops. or 125 off ebay.

The adobe website has a list of ways to qualify for ed registration (teacher, student etc).

EDIT: Now that adobe has taken over they are selling the DW8 studio education version for 75 quid in the uk or 100 euros in euroland. Its downloaded from the website and then proof of student/teacher status is required. Just need to find a cash strapped student to bribe.