Dreamwork 5620s questions please

albaniasat

Reaction score
As I have read a lot of posts for dreambox 5602s, I fell somehow relief that there is so much information about this version in Englis.

All other information are in other languages and i just know english and italian apart of my language.Anyway

i saw a dreambox 5620s for round 280 euro where i am living (i don't leave in England) and although expensive it is the best receiver I have found. There is also a Humax 5400z but I don't have the Z-board so that I can patch it.

I wonder if the dreambox, apart the images issued for it like Hydra, can accepts the keys for decrypting the codes from remote control also?

What are the differencies beetwen 7000s and 5620s apert of missing usb port, hd place ?

Could someone give me some general indication of my future journey with 5620s in order to watch the scrambed channels ?

Thanks people

P.s.My first post

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well, your English is good enough, and if your IT skills are as good, then with the help of the folks here, you should have it up and running in a few days, worse case. Most folks have it buzzing along niclely within a few hours.

Code entry via the remote is not the Dreambox way. Codes are entered into files (or downloaded), and FTP'd to box via network.

STICK

albaniasat

Reaction score
Thnx BGonaSTICK for your reply.

Well, I have been reading a lot of 5620s and there are some quite good information and files for it although there are many many many more for dreambox 7000s.

Anyway, I went to the shop who had the dreambox 5620s and when I asked him to show me the receiver (in order to look close to it) it had a 5600 box and a 5620 main board inside according to the seller !!!

And the price for that was 280 euro!!! What a ... nice seller!

How do I find out that the box is really a 5620s and not a 5600, guys?

Thanks

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Not sure how to easily tell 5600 and 5620 apart (I have 7000), but don't be too alarmed as I know that this has surfaced before.

Dream obviously had some excess stock of the 5600-badged cases.

HM-sat currently have the 5620 for €175,00.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=de_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hm-sat-shop.de%2f10301.esa%3fPHPSESSID%3d86c4ab99114044396ee410d846c307f9

Many people here have bought boxes from HM-sat (including me), and they seem reliable. I'm sure they ship worldwide.

orc

Reaction score
Don't worry.The 5620s IS in a 5600 box,BUT on the rear it has an ethernet port which the 5600 doesn't.It is an excellent machine,but it has not the attention it deserves by the developers (surely they all have 7000).If I was to buy again I would choose the 7000 though.the support is HUGE and the ability to add HD of have multiple images on a USb stick is a great comfort.If you don't care about them,the 5620s is the best you can buy.

cheers.;D

albaniasat

Reaction score
Thanks orc

well, in fact i do care to buy a receiver that i can install software to it and emulate as many cams as possible in order to see the scr.... channels.

Can I upload multiple images in 5620s? I guess I can't as it doesn't have an usb port or a hd place? Right?

orc

Reaction score
Well I also wondered and posted the question on other forums also...recently I got an answer according to which it seems it is possible to keep multiple images for the DB 5620 on the PC's HD via NFS by installing and configuring free trueGrid NFS server for Windows (or buy somthing similar) and configuring Linux to boot from NFS server.I haven't tried it yet.It is good news for me.On the other hand I almost gave up the idea,because I use an image that is most satisfying and don't need to have another one also.