Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
Are there any plans to update software for old On/Itv boxes?

Maybe at least to rebrand the system or possibly to resolve some issues like slow loading of channels - ive noticed i can count to 5 when changing channels further up the EPG where as flicking between bbc1,2 etc is fast. (Could that have somthing to do with multiplexes?!)

Im using a Philips box, which i used to consider one of the more stable options way back when ...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I certainly haven't heard of any plans Dave, I don't think that the box manufacturers have any real incentive either.

They probably take the view that if they work, that is as far as they need to go, bear in mind also that the vast majority of boxes are owned by the Liquidators of ITV Digital and they probably won't want to commit any money towards that end.

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
Heh true, im forgetting that freeview only own the licence not the boxes - doh!

anybody notice the delays in channel changes then??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Another thing I was reading today, was that the software for the Nokia boxes originated from Canal+ and needed their approval to change it, but not sure how correct that is.

PS. My old Nokia box works well but is of course very slow and that is something that I don't think can be changed by a software upgrade.