Dual Sky+ & Freesat, Magic eye, two rooms

poor1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Freesat, magic eye
My Location
Manchester
I have a setup whereby I have a Sky+ box and DVD in the first room linked to a second TV in another room using a magic eye and the same Sky program can be watched in both rooms, as can a recording on the Sky+ box or from the DVD. The magic eye in the second room changes programs and switches on the Sky box impeccably.

I also have a Humax Freesat recorder in the second room which can independently receive Freesat and make Freesat recordings using it's own LNB..

The Freesat dish has two LNBs - one for each room, with a separate dish for Sky .

In the first room I also have a Freesat receiver, which, when the Sky+ box is not linked up, receives Freesat perfectly. I have not been able to devise a method of linking up the Freesat box and the Sky+ box both at the same time. This would be useful so that Sky can be watched in the second room and Freesat watched in the first room.

Is this possible and how can it be done. Any tips would be appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Replace the LNB on the Dish where you want Freesat and Sky with one with enough outputs to feed each tuner (ie one feed per non-PVR and two feeds per PVR).

You don't need separate dishes as long as the total number of tuners doesn't exceed eight (Octo LN:cool:.

Actually, I've re-read your Post and think I may have misunderstood your arrangement and your needs.

Best wait for a second opinion!

My priority right now is cooking Roast Beef ....................

poor1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Freesat, magic eye
My Location
Manchester
Sorry I might not have described the set up well enough to be easily understood.

I have a Sky dish with it's own transponder connected to the Sky+ box and a separate dish with a dual transponder. One of the dual transponder outlets goes to a Humax Freesat recorder and the other to a Freesat set top box, feeding individual TVs in separate rooms.