Dummies Guide.... Gold Cards???

uriah

Reaction score
Managed to set my motorised system up... just need some (more) channels to explore! Technomate 5000DAPCI + H-H Actuator + 88cm Triax, good reception 28E to 30W. Have been donated a Keymaster programmer and some gold cards (I believe not state-of-the-art, but will have to do while I save pennies).

1) Haven't figured out what to do with it! (Some pointers would be a great help)
2) Where do I get the files (and which) to upload?
3) Are there worthwhile channels available (footy, films, lads stuff!)
4) I will be a friend for life if you can help!!

'Umbly

Uriah

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may have more luck getting yourself a serial cable and flashing your technomate, you will not get very much worthwhile with a gold card, can't remember when i last saw a file for the gold card.

uriah

Reaction score
The Technomate distructions say that I need an RS-232 'Null Modem Crosswire Cable' to flash the software. Does this mean a straight or cross-wired serial lead?
I will have to disconnect the receiver from the mains to flash it from my PC and the last time I disconnected it, it lost its bearings, and hence sat positions, and also sent the dish on a suicide mission with the actuator!! (I have since set the limits on the actuator, but would prefer not to lose all the settings!)
Many 'umble thanks.
Uriah

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
Have used gold files recently from sat-key and cro-team website. OK for ABSat and TPS at the moment, Some SR swiss channels, eurosport. These channels have mixture of footy and "lads stuff"! All on Hotbird 13DegE. Hope this will help.