Dutch Canal Digitaal - need help!

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85CM Triax Motorised, H-H Manhattan Motor, Technomate 1500 Patched with DigitALB Sub
My Location
Lincoln
cyphor said:
HI SRB,

Could you kindly advised the URL of the Canal + Site you went to (13E) to re-activate your card?
Did you pay for your re-activation via credit card etc?
Thank you for your help in advance

Sorry, and if you have a direct link to that section that would be great as me dutch is not to cute,
Thank you

mrsat

Dutch Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 m Echostar dish and more connected to all kinds off stuffPhilips dsx5816;dsx6073;dsx7072; Aston Wamba;Echostar 3000VIAP; Manhattan starlight 5900/MX; Dreambox 7000; Strong 6850; Edision FTA;Smart MX CI ; Aston 1.05 ; Canaldigitaal Mediaguard; Mat
My Location
The Netherlands
The real Dutchmen is here willing to help you all!!

srb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized
My Location
Europe
Sorry, was off on Hols there for a week. It's the normal Canal Digitaal website, (not sure if you can post links here) but you can google it. Just go to "service", then, "Activatie Smartcard" then "Heractivatie bestaande smartcard", type in the code you see and then pick the type of card you have. Then enter the number of your card, put the box on a Canal Digitaal Channel on 19.2 ( I used Ned 2) and it should come on.

img

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony Sky digibox
Force D Master 114S
Dreambox 7020
PortyII
My Location
N E Scotland
I'm new to the form but have been monitoring the situation regarding the Canal Digitaal cards. I am going to be in Holland in October and had planned to buy a card for my Dutch wife registered thru an inlaw. I noticed from the Canal Digitaal website that the charges change from the 1st of October. It seems that there is now a charge of 2.50euros/month, what we could not figure out is this on top of the purchase price (75euros), and the yearly renewal (25euros). Can anyone with more info shed any light?
Cheers

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
Up until now it was possible to buy a card, pay a one off registration fee and then use it without further charge. You did need to regegister it once a year by calling an expensive phone number though. Alternatively you can subscribe to the "settop box package" which costs 30 euro's per year, this is the 2.50 you are refering to. In fact you don't pay per month for the settop box package, you pay yearly through direct debit and there is no extra yearly renewal charge on top of this.
Up until now all the Dutch channels were FTV. From the 1st of October its still possible to use the card without the settop box package, but you will ony receive the pubic channels (Ned1, NED2 & NED3) which are the only channels that will remain FTV.

20 quid per year is a bargain, for a similar package on Dutch cable you would pay 10 quid a month.

img

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony Sky digibox
Force D Master 114S
Dreambox 7020
PortyII
My Location
N E Scotland
cjgall said:
Up until now it was possible to buy a card, pay a one off registration fee and then use it without further charge. You did need to regegister it once a year by calling an expensive phone number though. Alternatively you can subscribe to the "settop box package" which costs 30 euro's per year, this is the 2.50 you are refering to. In fact you don't pay per month for the settop box package, you pay yearly through direct debit and there is no extra yearly renewal charge on top of this.
Up until now all the Dutch channels were FTV. From the 1st of October its still possible to use the card without the settop box package, but you will ony receive the pubic channels (Ned1, NED2 & NED3) which are the only channels that will remain FTV.

20 quid per year is a bargain, for a similar package on Dutch cable you would pay 10 quid a month.

Thanks cjgall

This is where I got confused. It still has under "settop box 2.50 euro/month" NED1/2/3, RTL4/5/6/7/ veronica etc.
It looks like they have not updated this since the news of the changes.

I take it will be 7.50euros to get the other "terrestrial" channels?

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
They have always names NED1/2/3, RTL4/5/6/7/ veronica etc. under the settop box package, even though you didn't need the package the receive the channels. This is always caused a lot of confusion.

For 7,50 you get all the settob box channels plus 4 MTV channels, Talpa, Nickelodion, Discovery, Animal Planet, national Geographic, Mezzo (a quality French music channel with Jazz, classic etc) BBC Prime and a couple of VH1 music channels. Note that the 7,50 includes the settopbox package.

dversa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non reciever yet
My Location
Spain
JTA said:
there are 2 more FTA channels which carry dutch programmes : Clear TV (mostly with subtitles) and L1MBURG (regional station). Both are on Astra 1 19,2°E. Might be useful to check these out.

and hotbird 13º...2(to)

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85CM Triax Motorised, H-H Manhattan Motor, Technomate 1500 Patched with DigitALB Sub
My Location
Lincoln
Just refering back to re-activating a smartcard for the service as mentioned earlier by SRB (cheers m8).
So for example, If I obtained a card (maybe nolonger active from a source) and inputted the information on the Canal NL site, would I have the option to pay by Credit Card etc for channels / package I want?
More then likely a completely dumb question but im having a blonde day, sorry.

Cheers guys

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
no, you wouldn't. If you want to change the subscription, you'll have to get in touch with Canal Digitaal and give them all your details. Same thing for a de-activated card (we're not talking a card that has missed an update, these can be reactivated through their website). For anything else, you'll have to contact them (using a number that can't be dialled from abroad) or contact a dealer (in Holland).

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lincoln
Received a old card and as expected, ceased in 2003.
It is the White & Blue card.
I have tried it on the Canal NL website with the following information being displayed:

Her-activatie van uw smartcard is niet mogelijk. Probeer het later opnieuw of neem contact op met 0900-9323 (€ 0,20 p.m.).

Not sure what the above means?

Can anybody help me to get this old dog going again? pretty please?

Thank you

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
It says "re-activation is not possible. Try again later or contact 0900-9323." 0900-9323 is a premium phone number that is charged at 20 euro cents per minute and can only be called from within the Netherlands.

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lincoln
cjgall said:
It says "re-activation is not possible. Try again later or contact 0900-9323." 0900-9323 is a premium phone number that is charged at 20 euro cents per minute and can only be called from within the Netherlands.

Thanks m8 for your reply, that puts another stop there then. :-doh!

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
don't say I didn't warn ya :cool:

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lincoln
JTA said:
don't say I didn't warn ya :cool:

Since it only cost €2.50, not a great loss, thanks anyway for your help. :rolleyes: